Protein Overage

Options
I keep going over my protein limit. Can someone suggest a meal plan for me? 1250 calories

Replies

• bubblicious84
    bubblicious84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't stress about going too much over your limit, if it's not by a lot. I don't know what your meals look like, but if you're really concerned, just cut back on your portions a bit. Have a 3 ounce chicken breast instead of a 4 ounce and so on, and work in some good carbs and fat to fill the empty calories.
  • Dahavol
    Options
    Your journal isn't public, so I can't see what your protein limit is, but most people don't get enough protein. A good rule of thumb is 1g per lb of lean body mass. Your lbm is your weight subtracted from you total body fat. Before you worry about too much protein, make sure your intake is enough to support maintaining your muscle as you lose weight.
  • simplyychaos
    Options
    MFP usually puts your protein goal as lower than it should be anyways so I wouldn't worry about it. You should only start being concerned if you're eating more than 1 protein per 1lb lean body weight - it's not that it's bad for you but that's generally pretty high / mostly only weight lifters that I know eat that much protein.
  • LaRue80
    LaRue80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the helpful hints. I changed my diary settings to public, please let me know if you see something I could change. Thanks :)
  • Dahavol
    Options
    It looks like your hitting your calorie goals, and your protein intake is ranging between 50-110 per day with an average around 85g per day. That's about 25-30% of your calories per day. Seems right on and I wouldn't worry about it. In fact keep I'd try and keep it closer to the 100 mark than the 50 your MFP suggests.
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I always go over my protein also. I've been meaning to change it from 60 to 100 anyway. I usually hit between 80 and 105. I wouldn't worry about it, or change your setting. :)