Eugh, how to get rid of the dreaded muffin top?

Options

Replies

• meli_ssa4
    Options
    or buy bigger jeans? ;-)

For those who have had a baby and have that muffin top regardless of tight jeans!?!?!?!?! NO....we have to buy granny jeans that go up to our belly buttons!

I was going to write the same thing. After two kids who were both upwards of 11lbs, I have horrible muffin top and I would have to buy jeans/pants that go up to the bottom of my boobs to hide it.
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    Bump
  • shalae1
    Options
    For those who said buy bigger jeans: I have no hips, no thighs and no *kitten*. I have to shop in the Junior department for jeans. That pretty much promises to be a muffin top. Bigger jeans simply fall off. I feel your pain!
  • AbbeySue9585
    Options
    or buy bigger jeans? ;-)

Definitely do this.... I know buying jeans of a certain size is hard for some people- but really the goal is to look and feel your best! If you're wearing pants that make you look good, you'll feel better regardless of the size. If you wear pants that are too small and give you a muffin top, you'll feel worse regardless of the size.
  • AbbeySue9585
    Options
    For those who said buy bigger jeans: I have no hips, no thighs and no *kitten*. I have to shop in the Junior department for jeans. That pretty much promises to be a muffin top. Bigger jeans simply fall off. I feel your pain!

Just saw this - sorry!
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    30 day shred!
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Believe me, that's always where I gain weight and I've struggled with the muffin top for years. Stick to your calorie goal, eat as healthy as you can, and do strength training as well as cardio and you'll kick that muffin top to the curb! Be diligent and DON'T GIVE UP! You CAN do this!! :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    or buy bigger jeans? ;-)

Or a higher rise. Or lower rise.

If something gives me muffin top I pick out something else. ;)
  • Koketa0510
    Options

buy bigger jeans and then get them tailored.
    Also.. 30 day shred... 6 week 6 pack and Ripped in 30 ( all from Jillian Michaels) have made my muffin top go away.
  • katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    do cardio, you cant spot reduce fat
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    or buy bigger jeans? ;-)

For those who have had a baby and have that muffin top regardless of tight jeans!?!?!?!?! NO....we have to buy granny jeans that go up to our belly buttons!

I've had a baby, and stick by my post, lower bf = less muffin top in properly fitting pants. that's the nice thing about jeans lines carrying all sorts of different cuts from the boyfriend, to the skinny, to the curvy, "mom jeans" are no longer a necessity.

SADLY - the 'Mom' jeans of my generation appear to be the mid to low-rise boot cut. I just can't get behind skinny jeans - even if it means I will one day be laughed at by my kids.
  • Jbradbury1964
    Jbradbury1964 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I buy the jeans that allow me to stretch in them but still look good. Stay away from all breads, pastas and potatoes as well. The biggest secret any doctor will tell you is to WALK or SWIM. It works your whole body instead of target spots. As I am loosing I am tightening up the flab by walking 3.5 mph brisk pace, 20 mins., two times a day, faithfully! I have a walking buddy that keeps me honest and motivated...I suggest a walking buddy or treadmill. Just keep moving and it will fall off eventually! GOOD LUCK! :happy:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options

buy bigger jeans and then get them tailored.

Yes - you can tailor them yourself too!
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Stop eating muffins. I hear it works pretty well, although I couldn't say from experience ;)

OK. This made me Laugh Out Loud! Sorry. I LOVE a smartass!

M
  • jadedone
    Options
    I've been switching things up with these 3 workouts:
    Minka Kelly Standing ab workout: http://www.fitsugar.com/Minka-Kelly-Workout-Routine-Gunnar-Peterson-19089151
    Womens Health Workout: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/side-imprint?workout=6196
    Self.com Standing Workout: http://www.self.com/fitness/workouts/2006/09/ab-sculpting-without-crunches-slideshow#slide=1

In conjunction with my strength and cardio. I have noticed a bit of a difference in my waist after 3 weeks (3-4 days a week) but the biggest difference is in my core strength and balance. I can do tree pose for 45 seconds (up from 5-10 a few weeks ago) and the downward dog for around 50 seconds (up from 25-30).

Very practical for real life.
  • jadedone
    Options
    or buy bigger jeans? ;-)

This^^^ I see very young thin girls walking around with muffin top simply because their clothes are ill fitting.

Yup, poor kids these days, no clue on proper pants fit. It seems like everyone has muffin top, and there is no need to!
  • qtcaro
    qtcaro Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Totally agree! I have muffin top right now on my 0's so got to lose about 5-10 to clear it out. Could it be any worse? lol! Diet and exercise will be the only way. For me I struggle every single day with sweet munchies. Size 2's just fall right off It doesnt seem to make any sense but oh well. I dont like belts so Instanity/TurboFire are going to stay my best friends, lol
  • AislingRA
    Options
    Cheers everyone, I actually meant are there any specific exercises for that area!
  • specialk852
    specialk852 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try going to a store that sells nice jeans and have one of the sales people help you. we have a store in Oregon called The Buckle, I had a sales person look me up and down and know my size, then he continued to pull out different cuts of jeans in my size.
    Nordstroms should have someone that could help you. Get a nice pair of jeans and they will last forever :)

Good luck!

ps. and keep on working out and eating healthy
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    usually i try to get pants that come up higher -- like, to my natural waist. but i'm always astounded at how hard these can be to find, in this world of low-cut and "hipster" pants. ("hysterectomy pants, i call them!", to throw a quote from the movie Crybaby in there!)

I was actually going to start a post about hi waisted pants - skinny jeans in particular. Everything is low rise!