what am i doing wrong

Options
can someone look at my diary and tell me why im not loosing much weight? im doing the same as my hubby and hes lost loads. just feel like quitting

Replies

• SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    For starters, you're not eating nearly enough.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    You need to really up your cals. They are way too low. Your body has no "fuel" to run off of with an intake that low.
  • Allegra289
    Options
    Ditto...you're not eating nearly enough. Also, incorporate daily activity....30 minutes a day 5 days a week. You need to have a balanced diet and exercise if you wanna see results.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough! You need to eat at least 1200-1500 every day!
  • irisheyes1977
    Options
    try eating more calories to make you total 1,200 anything lower then that your body puts itself in starvation mode and hold on to everything...it will slow your metabolism down to preserve energy and then it starts targeting lean muscle ..so try adding more calories in as well as water and see what happens
  • Dahavol
    Options
    What kind of time frame? It seems like you aren't looking to lose a ton or anything. Weight loss is slower the smaller and leaner you are. Basically, how long have you been at it, what's your approximate body fat % and how long do you expect it to take to get there?
  • klv22kath
    Options
    -
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    My suggestion would be to spread your food around throughout the day. It looks like you often skip a meal, like breakfast or lunch and then eat more at dinner. You need that 5 smaller meals throughout the day mentality. Breakfast is especially important because it kick starts your metabolism for the day. If you skip breakfast then your body will store fat thinking it won't get food or energy from you.

Lame. It doesn't matter when you eat, just freakin' eat! You're not eating enough! Your body won't think it's "starving" just because you skipped breakfast. Fuel your body so that you can get a bit of activity in.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    You need to eat more food..and better food. More veggies!
  • klv22kath
    Options
    -
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    ishallnotwant:

Eating early in the day keeps us from "starvation eating" later on. But it also jump-starts your metabolism, says Elisabetta Politi, RD, MPH, nutrition manager for the Duke Diet & Fitness Center at Duke University Medical School. "When you don't eat breakfast, you're actually fasting for 15 to 20 hours, so you're not producing the enzymes needed to metabolize fat to lose weight."

Let's try to stay positive shall we? Merely suggestions, which is what she asked for...don't think you had to be so harsh in your response.

I'm staying positive, there's no need to confuse her and make things complicated. All she needs to do right now is eat properly (enough cals) and maybe get some activity in, if she can. She doesn't need to eat at certain times, or eliminate certain foods, etc. There's no need to make it complicated.
  • Dahavol
    Options
    ishallnotwant:

Eating early in the day keeps us from "starvation eating" later on. But it also jump-starts your metabolism, says Elisabetta Politi, RD, MPH, nutrition manager for the Duke Diet & Fitness Center at Duke University Medical School. "When you don't eat breakfast, you're actually fasting for 15 to 20 hours, so you're not producing the enzymes needed to metabolize fat to lose weight."

Let's try to stay positive shall we? Merely suggestions, which is what she asked for...don't think you had to be so harsh in your response.

In all fairness, the timing thing about eating is a myth. There have been proponents of this idea for a while, but the initials after the proponents name don't change the science. Check out Intermittent fasting. Its not for me but it is not itself bad.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Wow. You are eating less than 1000 calories/day, sometimes 600! I find it completely impossible that your husband is losing tons of weight with this diet. I imagine he is eating much much more. Your body has no fuel. You have to EAT.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else has said. You aren't eating nearly enough. Eating less doesn't always mean you will lose more weight. Your body will begin to eat away at the muscle for fuel. EAT MORE! Where are the fruits and veggies? I can't see many if any of them! Those are important!

And no one has pointed this out yet but you will not lose the same as your Husband. Men lose faster, tend to have faster metabolisms. Hubby is probably eating a lot more than you are.

Don't gauge your success/failure on your hubby's results. It's not a fair or accurate compairison.
  • kellyleekyle
    kellyleekyle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thanks guys for your advice, I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and burn off beetween 350 and 400 calories each session doing cardio, i do weights for 30 mins each session and 20 mins in the sauna each session, so i do add exercise to my diet. I try to eat veg with my main meal but i hate fruit, all fruit. Im going to struggel to eat more calories as im not hungry, maybe thats the protien shake thats filling me up? If i eat the 1200 calories a day then where is the 7000 calories a week going to come from to lose 2lb a week thats my goal?

As for my frame, its small, im only 4ft 9 but am over a stone to heavy for my size, im happy around 8 stone but at present im 9 stone 3.
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    The 1,200 calorie a day allotment already takes into consideration your weekly 7,000 calorie deficit. (This is why, post-workout, your daily calories go up -- MFP is warning you to, at least, net 1,200 per day.)

If you can't eat more quantity-wise, try eating richer, more calorie-dense foods, such as nuts, cheese, peanut butter, ice cream, chocolate...
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    What the last person said - if MFP is telling you to eat 1200 calories/day, that means to EAT THAT, not LESS. The deficit you need to lose weight is calculated into that. You are eating practicall nothing, then burning most of it off t the gym. Your body thinks you are starving yourself.
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Please don't measure yourself accordig to your husband....at least in this category!!! A lot of guys...like our husbands...lose weight much much easier than us girls!! Eat your calories...all of them :-) and keep it up at the gym...weight loss will come it just takes time...at least that;s what I tell myself!!