starting over again

Options
I'm new here and here I am once again trying to lose the 120 lbs that haunt me. I'll lose some then gain it all back. I've been yo-yoing since 1992 and I'm so tired. I no longer care what I look like. I do not have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, hyperglycemia or any of the other nasties that are associated with "morbid obesity". In fact I am really very healthy. The dr. just keeps fussing at me that I should lose weight. (I'm not saying I don't , but it's not like I haven't been trying) I eat my 5 fruits & veggies a day, my whole grains, lean protien. I do everything right and nothing. So I am now going to prove to my physician that I do everything that I'm supposed to and still am obese. I refuse to take diet pills (afraid of them) and I will not consider surgery (not a chance on earth). I don't want to be heavy, but it may just be me. I just don't want everyone to think it's because I'm a pig (they will anyway, but I will have proof to the contrary).

Replies

• honeybee71
    Options
    I'm new here and here I am once again trying to lose the 120 lbs that haunt me. I'll lose some then gain it all back. I've been yo-yoing since 1992 and I'm so tired. I no longer care what I look like. I do not have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, hyperglycemia or any of the other nasties that are associated with "morbid obesity". In fact I am really very healthy. The dr. just keeps fussing at me that I should lose weight. (I'm not saying I don't , but it's not like I haven't been trying) I eat my 5 fruits & veggies a day, my whole grains, lean protien. I do everything right and nothing. So I am now going to prove to my physician that I do everything that I'm supposed to and still am obese. I refuse to take diet pills (afraid of them) and I will not consider surgery (not a chance on earth). I don't want to be heavy, but it may just be me. I just don't want everyone to think it's because I'm a pig (they will anyway, but I will have proof to the contrary).
  • KristieT
    KristieT Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This site is great and I love it. Wish you luck with your weight lost program.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Welcome, you are going to love it here! Best of luck on your goal, with each others support and motivation we can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm you might benefit from reading the tread titled "700 cals a day and still not losing". Yo yoing weight wise can wreak havoc on your metabolism. It has some helpful tips you should consider.
  • Clover51
    Clover51 Posts: 37
    Options
    hmmmmm you might benefit from reading the tread titled "700 cals a day and still not losing". Yo yoing weight wise can wreak havoc on your metabolism. It has some helpful tips you should consider.

I am new here.... how do you view the "700 cals a day and still not losing"? I searched under the message board and no luck. Thanks!
  • cgallen916
    Options
    It's hard, but keep your chin up. You have to talk nice to yourself or you're not going to stick with it.
    We're all here for the same reason....to lose weight!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Here is a link a post the references the 700 cals post, and a few others that are very important.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9614-newbies-please-read-me

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options

I am new here.... how do you view the "700 cals a day and still not losing"? I searched under the message board and no luck. Thanks!

Probably the easiest way to find it is to look under General Discussion for a topic called "Newbies, please read this" by Banks - I just checked and it is on the 1st page. There are 3 links to some great posts in that message that should be helpful.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!