woke up late

Options
what if u wake up late and only have enough time in the day to fit 2 meals in and 2 snacks?...instead of 3 meals....is that really bad for your metabolism?

Replies

• doubleloop23
    Options
    I have no idea... I have that problem some days too:ohwell:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I think it would depend more on when you eat, than how often you eat. Eat something within an hour of waking up and make sure you eat enough calories for the day and I think it should be fine.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    This is my opinion on it. Personally, I have my activity level set to sedentary. So by my logic, sleeping a couple hours later won't have too much of an impact on the number of calories I should eat. Besides, most of the calories you need for the day (at a sedentary activity level) come from your BMR which is the same regardless of how late you sleep. So, I wouldn't be concerned with intentionally reducing your calories.
    I know, however, that I have a harder time coming any where near my calories when I sleep in and/or go to bed early. In fact, a study showed that that average person cuts their calories intake by 6% for every extra hour they sleep. So, I wouldn't really be concerned with forcing yourself to eat either. It's an occasional change. Just go with what you feel like doing and stay under your normal calories for the day.

http://blogs.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/2006/10/sleep-yourself-skinny.html