Vegans/Vegetarian

Options
Are you a vegan or vegetarian, if so how did you do it and what proteins/food do you need and eat?

Replies

• GardenKat99
    Options
    I eat dairy so yogurt and cheese is part of my diet. I was vegan for 7 years; just upped my beans, nuts when needed. I love tempeh, tofu and vegetables so I don't feel deprived of anything though I know it can be a struggle if you are used to eating dairy.

The fake meats are too processed and high in salt--I grew tired of them quickly. My main protein staples are beans, tempeh, and vegetables.

Hope this helps!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian. I eat yoghurt, cheese and quorn, which aren't vegan. I have eggs maybe once or twice a week. The rest of the time my protein comes from grains (a wholewheat bagel has about 9g of protein), fortified bread, pulses, lentils and chickpeas mostly, I have bean burgers occasionally when I am out, Some fruits and vegetables have a lot of protein, blueberries seem to have a fair bit, as does water spinach, and mushrooms. Also tofu. I have tofu maybe twice a week as well. I do get most of my protein from animal sources, though. I am not sure I would make a good vegan, even though I identify morally.