The First 90 Days

Options
Today I hit "Day 90" on the journey towards better health that I am calling "Turning the Page". In late Nov 2011, I made a commitment to myself that I would exercise more regularly and eat a better diet. My exercising plan was to follow the P90X Fitness program. Early on, that exercise program was EXTREMELY challenging. However, I've now found that all I have to do is...."just do my best....and forget the rest".

Recently, a good friend introduced me to MyFitnessPal. I've found it useful for helping me track my food intake (something I wasn't doing well previously). Thanks to my friend for your recommendation and support! You are like Sunshine!

I've posted a couple of pictures that profile detailing my journey. Please be warned that some people have become ill when looking at the Day 1 photo for too long.

I should also report that as of today, I still have NOT heard from any Swim Suit manufacturers looking for plus-sized male models (my attempt at self-deprecating humor).

In short... I'm not finished yet, so I'll ask for your continued support as I continue writing the book "Turning the Page".

In the words of poet Robert Frost..."But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep."

Merci…Danke…Grazie…ありがと,,, Спасибо, and just plain old…Thanks!

Regards,
Dave
P90XDay1-Day90.jpgP90XDay1-Day90-2nd.jpg

Replies

• MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Your waist is really slimming down--CONGRATS on the results of your hard work!
  • czechmate823
    czechmate823 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You're shrinking! Great work -it's really paying off! Congrats!
  • jonesdav254
    jonesdav254 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of support! My wife and children (daughter 22 and son 16) are supporting me too!
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Today is my 90 too, isn't it an awesome feeling?? I can't even remember that far back!
  • meisme33
    Options
    Great job! You can definitely see the difference. It looks like a lot more than 7 lbs lost.
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    First thing that jumped out at me was your face/neck area! You look 10 years younger!!! :glasses:
  • mindfulone
    mindfulone Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    :smile: Keep up the good work!!! You look Great Hard work does pay off it"s hard to believe that you have only lost 7lbs it looks like sooooo much more than that Wow!!!!!1
  • jonesdav254
    Options
    Great job! You can definitely see the difference. It looks like a lot more than 7 lbs lost.

I guess my explanation was lacking some detail. I've lost 37 lbs since I began my quest in late Nov of 2011. I joined MFP about two weeks ago. My progress on MFP shows 7 lbs lost because that what I've lost since joining. Sorry for the confusion.
  • jonesdav254
    Options
    Congrats!! Today is my 90 too, isn't it an awesome feeling?? I can't even remember that far back!

Happy Day 90 to you as well!
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good job man keep it up!
    Good to see you have lots of support it really does help!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I agree, you look 10 years younger. Good job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!