WEIGHT WATCHERS???? WOULD YOU??

Options
Is Weight Watchers really that effective? Would you do it and/or recommend it? HONEST answers! :smile:

Replies

• Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    my friends mom lost 70 pounds. she loved it. it worked great for her. i think everyone is different.
  • dbenedit
    dbenedit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've done WW twice and both times it worked for me. I just like MFP because I don't have to go thru the extra step of converting all of my food to the points system. It does work, but I like MFP better. Good luck!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I did WW about 5 years ago and lost 70 lbs. It's a good program. Teaches you how to choose healthy foods. Example would be it would cost you a lot of your daily points to eat a candy bar when you could make a healthier choice for less points if any at all. I had to choose between WW and a gym membership so I chose the gym since I already knew how to do the WW program and I had the materials already. Now I just log here instead. But I did enjoy the program. And it will work if you work it.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers is an excellent program. And I recommend it.

I would not join though (me, personally) because with the advent of free calorie counting websites that I can use, I don't have to spend the money, and I don't need the support and resources that are available. But some people do and for them, it's a great program.

But like anything else, you get out of it, what you put into it.
  • eleslie1989
    eleslie1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    a woman i work with has lost 100+ lbs and is now maintaing her weight with it. she swears by it. can someone tell me how i would go about posting a new thread if i have a question. thanks
  • Monkee8088
    Options
    i've done it too. like the above poster said it works, but this is easier. converting the points gets a little annoying after a while. its easier to compare the calorie content in diiferent foods, rather than figuring out points then comparing those. check it out though, sometimes they have specials with no sign up fees
  • TONYAGOOCH
    Options
    a woman i work with has lost 100+ lbs and is now maintaing her weight with it. she swears by it. can someone tell me how i would go about posting a new thread if i have a question. thanks

Go to the Message Boards main page and there is a button that says "New Topic" or something like that on the right hand side. Click on it and start your post.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My mom just started and after about a week had lost about 5lbs. I think she weights in again on Sunday.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    Options

Go to the Message Boards main page and there is a button that says "New Topic" or something like that on the right hand side. Click on it and start your post.

My mistake. Not the main page. Click on the board you are interesed in posting in and THEN click the "New Topic" button. Sorry if I confused you.
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    I did it before I got married. I lost 56 lbs with it. I eventually gained it all back plus some after I had my baby girl. I've been thinking about joining again. I seemed to do the best when I had to face that scale every week! Just debating if its economically feasible for me right now!
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I used it and lost 20lbs and obviously since I am here it all came back and then some. It promotes still eating what you want which I don't agree with. It should promote eating healthier. If you are interested in trying out their system save yourself the money and google their point system. I found it in an excel spreadsheet and just went by that. I don't understand how their points work for exercise either. It doesn't go by calories burned which is odd for me but to each their own. Not something I would personally recommend though.
  • w292737
    Options
    I did it before, but honestly with MFP being FREE and working, I won't pay for WW again. plus you can do this forever, with WW you never know how many points, you have to let them tell youfor daily goal) and you have to use a calculator to calculate.

sure it works, but ultimatly they are out to make money
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    It's just a simplified version of calorie counting.

Calorie counting is free...
  • lalaloses
    Options
    I've done WW three times and lost 25-30 lbs each time (and gained it back) - I think it really depends on the leaders and the meetings - I disliked our leaders in our area. They were rude, not helpful and spiteful (I went to my leader for help and she said that I must not be losing weight because of menopause - I was 30 years old)

I love MFP so much more!
  • donnantx
    Options
    I am a WW member right now, but I HATE converting everything I put in my mouth to Points and calculating everything (we dont eat out much)...the program will work for you IF you follow the program.
  • anon86_x
    anon86_x Posts: 26 Member
    Options

QFT
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    If you follow it and restrict your calories like you're supposed to, yes. In answer to your second question, no.
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options

... This, exactly!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It works, but it's more complicated than counting calories, and it costs money. MFP is just as effective.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    This is almost same as WW.... Just better coz u dont have to pay for anything and eat your own food ...