scale suggestions

Options
After moving to a new state two days ago, my scale no longer works. I think I should get a new one to help track my progress. So, I've read a couple of old threads about people's issues with their scales, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good, accurate scales. No bells and whistles needed, but cheap is important.

Thanks

Replies

• judymari
    judymari Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i've read that the Trimmer scales are the best, but from what i see, unfortunately not so cheap. (do best and cheap ever go together??) I've been using a health-o-meter scale and had it for a good while now (purchased at walmart i think) and it seems to be consistent with the doctors scale...that's all i know. Can't remember where i read that about the Trimmer scales, maybe Good Housekeeping mag or Consumer Reports mag.
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I use a Tanita scale and I love it! The model I have is the BF-680W. It's very acurate and consistant. I found mine at Bed Bath and Beyond and I think they sell it on amazon.com as well. This scale also measures body fat and water percentage. However, I've heard that, even on a really good scale, it's hard for these two ratings to be correct and consistant.

Another scale that I've heard good things about is the Health o meter HDL820-18. It's less expensive because it doesn't have the body fat and water percentage feature. I've heard that is is very accurate and consistant as well.

I read about both of these scales on Consumer Search online.

Hope this helps! :smile:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I love my no frills weight watcher digital scale. I got it at Costco for around $30. It is very accurate, I weigh the same at home and on the (expensive) scales at weight watcher meetings.
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    I have a digital health-o-meter one that I bought at Costco last year. It works great. I can get on and off it several times and it actually shows the same weight each time - my other scales always fluctuated. I think I paid $20 -30 for it and it can also store your weight.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have a Health O Meter and it is 100% accurate. I weighed at home and then 10 min later at the doctors office, after confirming they calibrate it monthly, and it was spot on!!

I have the digital with basic, shows 1/2 pounds which keeps me from stressing the .11 which I would SO do!!:laugh: