Change walking minutes to miles

Options
How do I do this?

Replies

• hagamivida
    Options
    Depends how fast you were going. Maybe use mapmywalk.com to map your route and then you can figure it out.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I think most pedometers wil tell you miles -- they are pretty cheap.
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You can't just change the minutes to miles because it all depends on how fast you walked. If you mean minutes per mile to mph, if you Google it, you should be able to find a bunch of calculators. Don't know what kind of phone you have, but I downloaded an app called iMapMyRun (also works for walking) and I set it to record my workout as I'm walking. When I'm done, it tells me how many minutes I walked, how many miles, how many minutes per mile & an estimate of calories burned. It also shows me my route and elevation, etc. You might try something like that. As far as entering walking into MFP, all you have to do is search for walking and pick your speed - leisurely pace, brisk pace, slow pace, etc. Then enter the number of minutes you walked & it will give you the number of calories burned, although I find them to be slightly higher than what iMapMyRun gives me.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    If you have say "50 walk minutes at 3MPH",

then Miles during those 50 minutes = (Speed in MPH) multiplied by (walk minutes) and then divided by 60
    = (3 MPH) x (50 min) / 60
    = 2.5 miles
  • TWrecks1968
    TWrecks1968 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I use Coolrunning.com's pace calculator: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/4/4_1/96.shtml.
  • TWrecks1968
    TWrecks1968 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I use Coolrunning.com's pace calculator: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/4/4_1/96.shtml.

This might not work, because you need to know how far you walked.
  • dargert
    Options
    Thanks. I usually never look at the time as how long I walk. I guess I will have to start. Thanks for your help. Does anyone know about the gazelle exercise machine. I cant find it listed. Dont know what toput in?