Still Hungry?

Options
I'm finding myself still hungry between meals. The worst is when I'm done for the day and end up very hungry before bed! I am trying to eat nutritious, filling foods. Maybe not enough protein? Any Tips?

:embarassed: K

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Yes, more protien will help. What do you normaly eat each day? Are you drinking your 8 glasses of water a day? Are you allowing yourself some snacks?
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm finding myself still hungry between meals. The worst is when I'm done for the day and end up very hungry before bed! I am trying to eat nutritious, filling foods. Maybe not enough protein? Any Tips?

:embarassed: K

Have some string cheese and a handfull of nuts between meals or just before bedtime. I find that it really does make a difference.

Happy Friday!
  • FantasticVoyage
    Options
    I sometimes will have some string cheese and a few apple slices with a TINY bit of peanut butter before bed. Not right before, maybe an hour and a half or so before.

I've found that it does help!:flowerforyou:
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am having snacks, so long as they're healthy and fit into my calories for the day. I'm not up to 8 glasses a day yet, so that is probably part of it :drinker: . And I have been kind of low on protein because I just prefer carbs haha but I will try to up my protein intake and hopefully that will help.:ohwell:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I am having snacks, so long as they're healthy and fit into my calories for the day. I'm not up to 8 glasses a day yet, so that is probably part of it :drinker: . And I have been kind of low on protein because I just prefer carbs haha but I will try to up my protein intake and hopefully that will help.:ohwell:
    It will help a lot. I LOVE my carbs, but I am starving within an hour if I don't have some protien with it. Also, I find that drinking one 8 ounce glass of water 10 minutes before I eat, helps me feel fuller after I've eaten. :drinker:
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    ditto to healthy snacks and water. Sometimes dehydration feels like hunger so *always* try drinking a glass of water before you grab something to eat. You might not even want anything after the glass of water... seriously happens to me all the time. Also, how much are you set to lose each week on your goals? I'm losing quicker and not getting hungry with mine set to 1.5 pounds a week instead of 2 pounds per week... I think I was making too great a calorie deficit so my body was holding onto stuff more at 2 pounds per week setting. Just a thought. :smile: Good luck!
  • ptdr
    ptdr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When you say you are still hungry . . . are you saying that you're stomach is growling because it didn't get enough food OR is it because whatever you are eating isn't what you really want so you keep looking for something else to fill what you REALLY want to eat?

I only ask this because I know this experience firsthand. I have been eating really healthy for the past 6 months. . . but there are times that I want something not particularly healthy . . . and if I ignore that want. . . I will "think" I am hungry and keep looking for something to eat rather than just have eaten what I really wanted in the first place.

Not sure if that's it or not....just a thought.....:smile: