Skechers shape-up shoes

Options
Wolfena
Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
Anyone have them or know anything about them?

I realize they won't make me magically "in shape" - but I need new sneakers, think the white ones are kinda pretty and figured if I can get ANYTHING extra regarding working out my leg muscles, what the heck - right?? I tried them on in the store and they felt really comfy around my foot, but definitely different when walking- very high and arched soles. I really liked them but thought I'd do some research before putting out the cash as they're pretty pricey for me (99$) - I usually don't spend much more than 50$ for my daily wear sneakers (I'll pay more for my running sneakers, that's different!)

Just lookin' for others thoughts, opinions, experiences, stories... whatever :smile:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7548514/c/14.html

See them at the link above

Replies

• thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I'm also going out to get myself a pair of running shoes tonight Asics or Saucony's

But reading the website about Shape ups. Seems like their great shoes but their not running shoes?

NOTE: Shape Ups shoes all share the same great fitness technology
    Tones muscles and promotes weight loss
    Lace up front
    Padded collar and tongue
    Fabric shoe lining
    Cushioned insole
    Firm polyurethane frame supports and stabilizes the foot
    Kinetic Wedge super soft foam midsole designed to absorb shock and provide exercising effect
    Specially sculpted rubber rocker bottom outsole for natural propulsion
    Use a heel to toe rolling gait when walking

Running in Shape Ups is not recommended

Comes with a detailed exercise guide to get the most out of your Shape-Ups!
    Shape Ups shoes can help you increase your muscle activity level
    Shape Ups shoes can help relieve pressure on joints and tendons
    Shape Ups shoes can boost your metabolism level resulting in increased calorie burn
    Costs less than comparable exercise footwear brands
  • Yewkon
    Yewkon Posts: 34
    Options
    You might want to take a look at this

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-319-327-7727-0,00.html

Depending on your stride you may not want a high arch shoe, check the bottoms of your worn out sneaker to see how your feet land.
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    I too am curious b/c I love my Skechers sneakers -been wearing only Skechers sneakers for years :)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I don't intend to use these for running shoes... I have good New Balance shoes that I use to run. I do have a high arch and these shoes were very comfortable for me - in my other shoes I have to put in insoles to support my arch.

Anyway.... I ordered them from that Zappo's site. I tried them on in the store in black and grey/purple but didn't really care for those colors and they didn't have my size in white. I went to the mall and checked some other stores but again - none in my size or they didn't even carry them at all. The site has free return shipping, so if I decide I hate them after wearing them around my house for a day or two I will just send them back :tongue:

:happy: