Sad times and need motivation,

Options
Hi everyone i am in need of a little encouragement and support.
Resently i miscarried a baby at 9 weeks (i was unaware of the pregnancy until the tragic loss began) and i have had a huge relaps due to me returning to old bad habits and kidding myself that i was still doing well.
Now after a reluctant weigh in i have put on 16lb of the 32lbt i worked soooooooooooo hard over the last 8 months to lose, and it took a matter of weeks to put it back on! i am devastated and quite frankly angry with myself. Today was a good start back on plan. but i am feeling like i have lost the battle before i have even began :(

Any words of wisdom would be lovely right now

Liz

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss and would just say, don't beat yourself up over regaining. You needed time to grieve your little one and that's ok. What's done is done. You have a fresh start on the weight loss front and if you'd given up completely you wouldn't be here right now. *That* is half the battle and you've won it just by signing in. You can do this and you aren't a failure just because you took a few steps back. If you're going to lose it and keep it off for life you just need to accept this as part of the dance. :)
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    Aloha,

First off, I would like to start by saying how sorry I am for you loss. Hope your Heart heals fast and well.
    Motivation Motivation Motivation.....hmmmmmmmm..Come on girl, you can do this. You've been down this road before and you of all people know how hard you had to work to lose that 38#s that you have lost...find that drive that you had and get the pushing girl.....P.U.S.H if you need some religous support...Pray Until Something Happens...

good luck on this journey
  • mhardest
    mhardest Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss. What a terrible thing for someone to have to go through. All I can say is that you lost the weight before and you can do it again!! I know it is very hard work and very frustrating feeling like you just worked so hard for nothing. Keep your head up. It happens to the best of us....
  • LizzyRodmell
    Options
    Thank you all for your reply's

Second day went very well too so looking forward not back :)
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. Let yourself love and remember Baby, and make sure you are extra kind to yourself in the coming days. A hot bath and a Diet Dr. Pepper might be a nice break from the day for you. I know that sounds hopelessly unhelpful, but sometimes just a bit of a time-out is what you need!
  • skichick1968
    Options
    This is a very hard and sad time. I'm so sorry. I didn't realize how common miscarriage was until it happened to me....3 times! Your body was just gearing up for an amazing process and now is has to wind down. Be kind to it and take care of it and you will be able to get on track. Remember it's how healthy you are, now how much you weigh!!
  • leighllf
    Options
    This is a very hard and sad time. I'm so sorry. I didn't realize how common miscarriage was until it happened to me....3 times! Your body was just gearing up for an amazing process and now is has to wind down. Be kind to it and take care of it and you will be able to get on track. Remember it's how healthy you are, now how much you weigh!!

I have to agree with the above person! Just take your time and grieve. It is so hard to loose a little one. Take one day at a time and you will begin to feel better little by little. Just remember, excercise is great to give you a natural upper!

Hang in there! Hugs to you!
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your loss :( The key thing is allowing yourself to fully grieve your loss, don't just move on and get over it, even if it makes everyone else uncomfortable. It's ok and healthy to feel what you are feeling, and while you are wanting to get back on track, do stay focus on your inner healing as well.

Lost a child 7 years ago, and understand how hard it is sometimes. >hugz< If you need to talk, vent, or need encouragement, feel free to friend me. Exercising and taking care to nourish yourself can help tremendously in the healing process.!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Very sorry for your loss. Grief is such a complicated thing, it has a different effect on everyone. Don't let yourself feel worse for regaining the weight, just get back on track when you are ready.Allow yourself to continue to process your loss and manage your emotions.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Just remember that what you do for yourself in the name of good health, you do for your family as well as yourself! Hang in there, grieve as you need to, and work to be the best you, you can for those in your life that you love and that love you! You can get back on track and we are here to support your efforts as you do!! Hugs to you as you start anew!