Ladies, do you exercise on 'that day' of the month?

Options
Aunt Flo has decided to pay me a visit and she's brought some killer cramps with her as a present. I had a day off from exercise yesterday so I'll feel like a slob if I don't do something today, but the thought of doing a 30DS workout like I usually would makes me want to puke.

What do you do when you feel like this? Would you have another day off, or go for a walk, or harden up and work out as usual?

Edit: To clarify, my period goes for a week like most people's do, but I generally only have cramps on the first day. After today I'll be working out as normal.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    There's only one?

I've been lied to.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    That DAY? Just one? I need to talk with mother nature, cuz I'm getting a royal screwing.

And yes, I do.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I could be making stuff up but I think exercise has been shown to alleviate cramps. Orgasms do as well.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    dealing with that now and I didn't think i was going to have be able to work out but i took some ibuprofen and rested with the heating pad for a while and now i'm about to do my work out!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    There's only one?

I've been lied to.
    I'm usually not a LOL guy..but that one got me...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I could be making stuff up but I think exercise has been shown to alleviate cramps. Orgasms do as well.

I love you more and more...
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    Me today....work out! Ran this morning and 30 DS this afternoon.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Yes, and the next, and the next.....
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    WAIT - There are people who only have ONE DAY?!?!
    Before my internal girly bits got taken out, my last one lasted for an entire year!
    (okay, ducking back out of this conversation since I have nothing productive to contribute)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Hell no I don't work out. I feel sooo gross.
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I usually have a few days like that...most of the time i don't do anything on those days and just watch the calorie intake or i might do something not so strenuous....i do like the leslie sansone's walking dvds...your getting a decent workout without killing yourself
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    depends on how I feel. I worked out the entire days she visited, however last month I was exhausted and took the week off.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options

*Cheers!*
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Working out during my period is a godsend. It will almost completely alleviate my cramps and irritability for hours after.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    You only have one day of that a month? WTF? I'm getting ripped off!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    That DAY? Just one? I need to talk with mother nature, cuz I'm getting a royal screwing.

THIS!! To answer your question - the first day I don't work out. I do work out the days afterwards. Just go to the bathroom frequently during Cardio & KickBoxing. LOL
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Ya don't say.... lol. Next time I'm forgetting the Advil LMAO
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options

You aren't making it up.
  • caitymay1
    caitymay1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I felt like *kitten* this morning due to cramps, and sucked it up and went to the gym and they are now gone :smile: I've heard a lot of people say that exercising cures their cramps (for a short time, at least). So GO FOR IT! You'll feel good when it's done and over with!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

^this!!!! You only have one day?!!? WTF???? :grumble: