Ladies, do you exercise on 'that day' of the month?

Options

Replies

• shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Usually I try and do at least 30 mins a day on regular days, then the week before they start - i heard our metabolism is naturally higher that week so I've been doing a week of more intense exercise then stop the first day it arrives.. mine last for 4 days, usually after a break and when all water comes off I usually lose another few pounds besides and usually my biggest loss of the month. (not counting the temp water gain that went on).
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    There's only one?

I've been lied to.

LOL....good one. Wish it was just one day...
  • lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've started to, not a very comfortable feeling but I eat so much more when I'm on so it's a must :(

Ditto
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Not the first day....but every day after that, yes.
  • MzzAisha
    MzzAisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do - it helps keeps my mood up and cramps down
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    first of all, i def have more than 1 day :) lol

secondly i ALWAYS work out... it helps with cramps and if i dont i feel huge and bloated :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I don't really get cramps often (once a year maybe). Instead I have heavy flow for a few days, so I abstain on the heaviest day. If it isn't too flowy, then I'll workout.
  • MinimizingMichelle
    Options
    Exercise helps to alleviate cramps and fatigue during that time of the month. No better time to work out! :smile:
  • marynmarty
    marynmarty Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use to not and that would be my off week BUT I have noticed that if you keep doing your exercises you will still lose a nice amount and the scales can't even tell AF is here. I actually feel a lot better (cramp wise) when I keep walking. I always say I'm walking away the cramps lol. If it makes you feel worse, I would take a break though!
  • TwistedBanana
    Options
    I could be making stuff up but I think exercise has been shown to alleviate cramps. Orgasms do as well.

This is true cardio always helps with my cramps and I'm not poooositive about the orgasm part I don't think I've ever been in the mood for an orgasm when I'm curled up in a ball with terrible cramps...that being said getting to the gym is also pretty tough, but they always go away after a good workout! :)
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Working out during my period is a godsend. It will almost completely alleviate my cramps and irritability for hours after.

Same for me!
  • scythe20
    Options
    Personal preference! I know that I have a really horrible time when I'm "bein' a girl" as we call it around these parts. It's one of my freebies to myself, if I have to suffer this much I shouldn't have to worry about anything else unless I want to!
  • mikaela_b
    Options
    That DAY? Just one? I need to talk with mother nature, cuz I'm getting a royal screwing.

THIS!! To answer your question - the first day I don't work out. I do work out the days afterwards. Just go to the bathroom frequently during Cardio & KickBoxing. LOL
    Ha! I wish I only had one day. I have a week of AF, but generally only one day of cramps.
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I could be making stuff up but I think exercise has been shown to alleviate cramps. Orgasms do as well.

*Cheers!*

I have tested the second theory..... My conclusion it works!
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options

:laugh: Love this. And yes, I do. I feel better when I work out during my TOM.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    If my cramps aren't too bad, I do - I think it helps with the cramping. But sometimes between the endometriosis and a varicose uterus, I just can't, I'm in too much pain :(
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Take an Advil and work out - I find that my cramps are more tolerable after exercise.
  • mikaela_b
    Options
    Sorry Jilliam Michaels.. my ovaries can't be made of steel and the tears of ten thousand gypsies like yours.
    Baaaahahahahaha!

Think I'll give myself a rest during the day today, and go for a walk this evening. I walk pretty fast (4.5mph usually) so that should be a good cardio workout for today at least. Then I'll get back into the 30DS tomorrow and hope Jillian doesn't kill me after two days off.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I do indeed!
  • lexidell46
    Options
    Only one day? you are lucky. Me on the other hand I take some ibuprofen and rest until it kicks in and then back to normal for a few hours.