Hello!

Options
Hello everyone,

So, the rookie has officially arrived, and I must say, I am very impressed with this website. Its slowly making me more motivated to lose weight.

I have made some very major shifts in my life and trying to lose weight and get healthy is the tip of the iceberg. I am really looking for personal testimonies and support because my main problem is losing motivation.

Help in all shapes and sizes are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

So, the rookie has officially arrived, and I must say, I am very impressed with this website. Its slowly making me more motivated to lose weight.

I have made some very major shifts in my life and trying to lose weight and get healthy is the tip of the iceberg. I am really looking for personal testimonies and support because my main problem is losing motivation.

Help in all shapes and sizes are greatly appreciated!

Hi, and welcome to the best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food diary, which by the way is SUCH an eye opener :noway:, and all the wonderfully supportive members here, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
    I recommend logging all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after, as it tends to lead to better food choices!
    Also, drink lots and lots of water, it really DOES help!
    Before coming to MFP, I'd tried just about everything out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and NOTHING really worked until I came here! :love:
    As long as you "work with your daily numbers", and get some exercise, you WILL lose the weight! :smile:
  • machuril
    machuril Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome! I too have a hard time getting motivated. I have recently found some friends/neighbors that like to go walking. We scheduled it into our schedules so that we are accountable for showing up. I also have a dog that loves to get outside. Do you have any pets that could motivate you? Any activities or hobbies that you like to do? These often burn calories & help distract :)
  • sineadm09
    sineadm09 Posts: 113
    Options
    welcome to the site!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: