Heart rate monitor

Options
I am thinking about getting a HRM for my Insanity workouts but I don't want to spend over $80. What's the best?

Replies

• sarahs440
    Options
    I've heard the Polar FT4 is good. Amazon has them for around $60.
  • MommyTKD
    MommyTKD Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I got the New Balance N4 for about $40 at Costco.
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've come to accept the fact that you can't get a HRM that is worth the time, effort, or $ for under $80. This is why I am still waiting for one. However, I think you can get pretty close to your mark with a Polar FT4 and I've heard good things about that one. I'm saving my pennies!
  • time2bhealthy
    time2bhealthy Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I just got the N4 and I can't figure it out. It seems like the chest strap doesn't work. I bought it to save money, but I think I should have got the polar.
    I got the New Balance N4 for about $40 at Costco.
  • Brandysmith1985
    Brandysmith1985 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I got the Mio brand one from Sport Chalet. Comes with the watch that can take your rate and the heart strap, so very accurate. I paid $79.99 + tax but totally worth it! My Trainer suggested the one with the strap!
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    You get what you pay for, don't get no cheap brand product and be mad 2-3 months down the road because it's acting funny, go with a solid brand like Polar, Just about all the products they have are really good it just depends on what features you want. I would also recomend getting it from a local store vs over the net because if something was to happen to the unit that was not your fault you can walk right in and get a replacment on the spot vs having to ship the unit out and have to wait for a new one.....
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar FT4 from eBay brand new in box with everything original included for only $30 with Free Shipping and the seller shipped it the next day after payment :D

Used it today with my first Zumba class and I'm in love with. I haven't taken the strap off yet lol
  • smith4304
    smith4304 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Polar is the way to go! The chest strap makes it really accurate but it's so comfy you can't even tell you are wearing it. I have the FT7 and LOVE it! It was $70.
  • christinerush
    Options
    Hi, I recently purchased a Polar FT4 and am very happy with it. I bought it at a sports store and it was $129 but much cheaper online. Since buying it, I have realised that I hadnt had my heart rate up fast enough and thats why the weight was so slow to come of. Now I am noticing a big difference as can make sure my heart rate is high.:smile:
  • april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    SO glad I found this thread! I was just eyeing the FT4 on Amazon! It's $70.....thinking that's the one!