My arms get really tired during planks.

Options
Hello! I have completed Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and began Ripped in 30 on level 2 this past Sunday. I find during the many plank moves in week 2 of RI30 my arms get tired very easily. I want to be able to get through all of them without stopping but my arms are still pretty weak I guess.

Should I just do more planks to make them stronger? Or are there other things I can do to build strength in my arms? (I don't have a gym membership and can't afford one quite yet, I hope to get one in 2-3 months).

Replies

• megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I did bth those workouts last summer and like you I really struggled with the planks. I decided to give the Jillian workouts a break and did some Jackie Warner and Jari Love DVDs for a while and foused ov developing some muscle. I started doing BFBM recently and find the planks are nothing for me now. So all I can say is continuouslywork on your upper body strength and have patience :-)
  • jineat
    jineat Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Push ups will help you a great deal. As a matter of fact, try starting out with a couple of push ups and go right into a plank. Try that
    and add time each week. This should help you out. Oh yeah, no girly push ups, you will have to do the male push ups.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I'll start doing REAL pushups :D