Question about 30 day shred

Options
I go to the gym and get quite a workout but I was thinking about getting the 30 day shred to do at home also. However I have had both of my acl's replaced and Im worried about how it will be on my knees. For the people who have completed this workout, could you please give me advice as to whether this would be something I should steer clear of?

Replies

• sjwhite7
    sjwhite7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Someone please answer. I'm on my way to walmart and was going to pick it up if my knees will be able to handle it. LOL
  • oneder080
    oneder080 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can watch level one youtube.
  • aniwani
    aniwani Posts: 110
    Options
    If it starts to hurt ... Stop... you know your body better then anyone else. I haven't done the 30 day shred... but if there's exercises that are putting too much pressure just modify them. I think there's also free versions online ... or that or similar programs ...
  • gettinerdone_
    gettinerdone_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Jillian adds low impact options so it should be fine! Maybe avoid jumping jacks or skip rope?

I am no doctor so this is just my opinion :)
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Lots of jumping....squats....lunges.....getting up and down.
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Well I'm doing it at the moment. There is quite a lot of jumping especially in the later levels, and jumping jacks and jump rope throughout the whole DVD. The strength and ab sections shouldn't be a problem as they are more controlled movements.

You can laways modify anyway if you can't do all of the moves due to injury. She shows modifications throughout!
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred Haha the jumping jacks might be hard on yours knees but other than that they provide a "beginner or easier " version of just about every move
  • tessiemay04
    Options
    I've got a bad back, so thought of doing it scares me! lol

But as oneder080 says you can watch level one on youtube and decide from that whether you think you can handle it and then buy the DVD x
  • starshine420
    Options
    listen to your body and do the modifications. I have bad knees, I always do modifications for lunges and some of the squats. If it's hurts too bad, take a break or stop altogether.
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Its very good and you can get the dvd at Target or Wal-Mart for about 10.00--its the BEST 10.81 I've spent in a LONG time!
  • Bettsy_A
    Bettsy_A Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    There are 2 other girls in all the workouts. One doing low impact exercises and one doing higher impact. Jillian says if you know or are worried you can't do the full thing, only go as far as you are safe with. She stresses not to go crazy and injure yourself, just do what you are able to.
    Even if you do it a bit slower, it's still doing it! And only you can feel what your body is happy or unhappy with.
    Good luck :)

Oh yes, and also, I'm not a doctor so if you're real worried I'd ask a doctor first. They're smart cookies! :)
  • sjwhite7
    sjwhite7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the feedback! I think I will try it and make modifications where necessary.