Helloitsdan.......Please Help!

Options
Ok apologies for the call out but I need your help.

I started my new eating and exercising regime in the second week of January. To date I have lost 16lbs....a fairly regular weekly loss. I exercise nearly everday at the gym for about 1.5 hours (elliptical, threadmill, stairmaster, rowing machine and some days I add in a bit of weight training).

Now my stats are: Currently 190lbs and 5ft 6.

Can you please, please calculate what I should be eating, caloriewise. I am currently trying to keep my calorie intake between 1200 to 1400 max (some days it's a bit more, sometimes less) depending on how much exercise I can get in.

There are sooooo much varying advice that I really don't know what I should be eating caloriewise.

Can you advise please?

Replies

• beach_chelle
    Options
    My advice would be to start higher try to get more towards the 1400 that way when your body stalls you have some where to go. If you start at the lowest of the low you have nothing to take out if you hit the dreaded plateau
  • pudgypie
    pudgypie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That makes perfect sense beach-chelle....I might try doing that. My calorie intake zig zags a bit so I can hit 1400 some days after eating all my exercise calories back. I am afraid of putting on weight though if I up my calorie intake too much and then I am even more afraid of hitting a plateau!!! What to do?????????
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Um. Are you trying to send a message to the user Helloitsdan? You know there's a messaging feature?
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    It's going to be difficult to advise on your requirements without knowing your body composition ( body fat / lean mass ) , it all factors into it. But I'm assuming there's going to be some averages being used.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Um. Are you trying to send a message to the user Helloitsdan? You know there's a messaging feature?

Wouldn't help to also get advice from others...
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just put a message on his profile. But... I will tell you right now he will tell you that you are wayyyyy not eating enough.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just put a message on his profile. But... I will tell you right now he will tell you that you are wayyyyy not eating enough.

Agreed, the calorie intake appears to be way too low at first glance.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    CClark is right! Dan will be all over you for not eating enough! ha ha...

Try sending him an email with "stats" in the subject line. I think that way he gets to it quicker.

Best of luck!
  • pudgypie
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for the replies. I had a feeling that I wasn't really eating enough....don't want the dreaded plateau happening early!

I didn't message Dan as I thought if anyone else was in the same problem, some of the replies might help. I would be thrilled with any advice as I am new to this. My one fear though is that if I up my calorie intake that I will end up putting on weight. Even if it's a few lbs, I will be gutted as I have been working hard to lose each week.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for the replies. I had a feeling that I wasn't really eating enough....don't want the dreaded plateau happening early!

I didn't message Dan as I thought if anyone else was in the same problem, some of the replies might help. I would be thrilled with any advice as I am new to this. My one fear though is that if I up my calorie intake that I will end up putting on weight. Even if it's a few lbs, I will be gutted as I have been working hard to lose each week.

Don't be scared - your body needs enough fuel to work properly.

Message him, he will be only too pleased to help.

My cals have increased almost 50%, my weight loss incresaed by more than 50%

I went from a daily 1200, to 1750, and last weeks weight loss was 2.5lb.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Whose Dan?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I thought I did numbers for you...
    Right?

I'll PM you.

1200-1400 wont do much for you so shoot for 1600-2k.
  • pudgypie
    Options
    Just messaged you.

Cheers.:happy:

PS, I am a bit freaked "shooting" for 1600-2K though! :ohwell:
  • ifassnacht
    ifassnacht Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Whose Dan?

Dan is the man! :-)
  • ifassnacht
    ifassnacht Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    PS, I am a bit freaked "shooting" for 1600-2K though! :ohwell:

freaked because it's too much? if you're spending 1.5 hours in the gym doing cardio per day you need food to fuel those workouts!
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Whose Dan?

Dan is a macro Jedi :drinker:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Aye!
    We are now set!
    Lets turn this Bat Signal off and just stick to PMs!

For those who are confused....

If you are on a VLCD and not losing any weight because your body has figure you out, you must EAT MORE FOOD!!!!
    Food is fuel!
    You cannot starve the fat off!
    Only anorexics and bulimics can fool the central nervous system once the body figures out we are on diets!
    To truly lose weight you have to "fuel the vehicle" that causes fat loss!

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM or wall post me!
    I'm not a diet guru!
    I just do what they do!
    =D

How do we turn the BatSignal off?