protien powder

Options
i just bought vanilla protein powder for the first time, what are some good ways to mix it? drinks or food ideas please. :)

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, frozen berries and blend...

mix it in yogurt itself and eat...

I see a lot of people adding it to like cookie mixes and stuff, but I don't know anything about that.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I mix it with one cup of almond milk, half a frozen banana, 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, 1 tbs of milled flax seed, and sometimes add 1/4 cup of oats. Very yummy, quick, and filling.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Get yourself some bags of frozen berries or peaches. Use them frozen as follows:

1 cup milk (I use skim)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup frozen fruit
    1 packet of stevia or splenda if you need it (it depends on the fruit for me)

Makes a milk-shake consistency smoothy. Healthy and delicious.
  • millikenhomeschool
    Options
    I agree with the frozen fruit and skim milk. I had microwaved my fruit to thaw it a bit for the longest time. And then a friend had made a smoothie with frozen fruit. Oh, so much better!!! I don't ever do this but, You could add it to pudding mixes as well.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Instant coffee or brewed and cooled (your choice)
    Protein powder (flavour of your choice)
    Ice
    Skim Milk

= instant coffee drink that is healthy for you. You'd be paying about 5 bucks for this at Starbucks and you'd be looking at sans protein + tons of fat!

I love this as a good afternoon pickme up.
  • cort124
    Options
    Since I'm living in a student house, I just mix it in with my raspberry yogurt everyday, tastes good together, you barely even notice.
  • toni429
    toni429 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate mix with tablespoon peanutbutter and 1/2 banana and 1 c. Almond unsweetened milk
    The vanilla I also do the plain Greek yogurt and berries
    Both are very good
  • Lina300
    Lina300 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I always mix mine with unsweetened almond milk. High protein and few carbs than milk. I learned a new way to sneak in an extra serving of veggies. almond milk, about a cup of fresh strawberries and about a half to a cup of raw spinach. Looks funky but I promise if you blend it well you cant taste the spinach at all and its super healthy. I also add different sugar free, fat free instant pudding mixes, Sprinkle some in and mix and match. Cheesecake pudding mix with strawberries, or banana pudding with a tablespoon or real or powdered peanut butter. Or how about cocoa power and a little almond flavoring. I drink them at least once a day so I gotta stay creative.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I mix mine (chocolate flavored) in with my (steel cut) oatmeal in the morning, along with a little bit of peanut butter, banana, and chia seeds. Sooood delicious and filling!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I always mix mine with unsweetened almond milk. High protein and few carbs than milk. I learned a new way to sneak in an extra serving of veggies. almond milk, about a cup of fresh strawberries and about a half to a cup of raw spinach. Looks funky but I promise if you blend it well you cant taste the spinach at all and its super healthy. I also add different sugar free, fat free instant pudding mixes, Sprinkle some in and mix and match. Cheesecake pudding mix with strawberries, or banana pudding with a tablespoon or real or powdered peanut butter. Or how about cocoa power and a little almond flavoring. I drink them at least once a day so I gotta stay creative.

This is a green monster! So tasty, I add spinach to my smoothies all the time. Great recipes found here: greenmonstermovement.com
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    bump
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering about protien powder. What are the benefits of it???? I am curious. Does it help you lose weight??
  • Jansted
    Options
    I highly recommend Prota-lyn...especially the cookies n' cream flavor, which is made with real oreo cookies. It's hands down the most palatable protein drink on the market, not to mention easy to mix (ie no clumps). You don't even need to mix it with anything, just water. This will keep your calories low and get you the high quality protein you need...without the extra sugars. Made by Sci-Fit.
  • TKnight76
    Options
    I put protein powder in my morning oatmeal. Can hardly taste it at all!
  • christinerush
    Options
    Hi I love protein powder and have it and water on my oats for breakfast and also in yoghurt! Its nice added to a blender with skim milk and raspberries, strawberries and banana too. I love it as it keeps me full until lunch time!
  • Neequie
    Options
    Ahhhh my specialty!! I had the Lap Band, so Protein Powder is Dr prescribed and a huge part of my diet!! I flavor it with Baking cocoa, crystal light packets...my FAVORITE is orange...tastes like a creamsicle!! Uhhhhh lets se, what else have I used?? Oh, coffee...that didn't go well.....I have also mixed it chai tea...I like mine with milk anyway...that worked ok...Whatever you use...Ive found you have to really shake the crap out of it to mix it, but worth it...and I start with lukewarm water (not hot, it clumps) and after mixing well add a few ice cubes, them mix some more. Oh and if Im on my "liquid days" which Dr makes me go on once a month for 4 days, and I want more solid...I will mix 1/2 scoop in my greek yogurt...YUMMM!! The baking cocoa mixes well too....I use water to reduce calories, but sometimes do half coconut milk, and half water and a tablespoon of cocoa..its really yummy!! ANd much healthier than premade shakes....at least you know whats in it!! Hope this helps!! :heart:
  • Neequie
    Options
    After reading this I have to say I agree a thousand percent about adding veggies to smoothies...Ive snuck it to both my 3 yr old and hubs...they never even notices. Ive put in every veg imagineable too...broccolli, spinach squash, sweet potato....if you use enough berries, they can't see it or taste it!! A boost of big time veggies and protein! BTW, with things like broccolli and green beans....they have to be cooked...I just toss in leftovers...lol!! :flowerforyou:
  • Neequie
    Options
    One more thing...Dr told me to use Whey protein Isolate. No matter what protein you use, brand or type, you should look for _____protein isolate. Theword isolate is similar to concentrated...and they've removed the unneccesarry garbage you DON'T need...sugars, fats etc., and if you're female do me, and yourself a favor before using anything soy, look up its possible harmful affects on your reproductive system.
  • lmilovich360
    Options
    what do you do with the protien powder if you cant have dairy .. i dont do milk or yogurt so how am i suppose to use this?