New here

Options
Hi all
I have started excising and it was recommended that I join here to help track progress. I look forward to this journey. Glad you are all here for support.

Replies

• fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm only in my second week myself, but I find this site very motivational and inspirational -- I hope you do too. Great to have you!
  • KLWELL400
    Options
    Hi my good friend, so happy to have you with us. Your beautiful wife is going to flip when she sees her slimmer man in a kilt. ;)
    Love ya bud and I know we can do this together. ;) Say to your wife when you talk to her.
    K.
  • McMurdo1966
    Options
    Thanks Kari good to have friends here.

So this years Burns Night has come and gone one thing I noticed was that I could not do my kilt up on the tightest holes. I decided to take a real look at my overall health and weight. At any rate at the beginning of this week I was at a sobering 180 pounds now at 5'6" that is overweight and I've not been feeling great about myself. To that end I started watching my diet and putting in a half hour a day on the treadmill, I did take Wednesday off but I am happy to report that thus far I have lost 4 pounds and am now down to 176 pounds. I have not seen a difference yet in myself but I feel encouraged that some of the weight has come off, and I am looking forward to continuing this journey, my goal is to loose 40 pounds I think I can do this if I continue down this road in the next 2 months or so. I have found that My Fitness Pal helps to track everything I eat and my exercise.
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I've been dieting and going to the gym since Nov 2011 but have only lost 9lbs so far so when my friend reccomended this site, I thought I'd give it a go for some support and to try and work out why my progress is so slow (and find out if I'm cheating without realising).
    I've got a holiday in April to look forward to and I hope to be going on a shopping spree whilst there and get a new, smaller wardrobe.
    Nicola
  • Kresent
    Kresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I only have two kilts I can wear. My smaller kilts won't see daylight for another thirty pounds. Good to see someone I know here.
  • McMurdo1966
    Options
    Kresent, great to see you here. I really need to make sure I can keep wearing the clothes I have, as you know highland wear gets really expensive and I don`t think replacing it all is an option.
  • McMurdo1966
    Options
    BTW Kresent way to go on the weight loss thus far, great to see that.