5 days on MFP and going strong

Options
Hi, Im new and so far have been able to stay on track. I need to lose 40 lbs. My mentality has always been low carb and seeing quick results, so its like Im having to retrain the way I think and not get discouraged when I see slower weight loss. I know this is a longer term lifestyle approach. Thanks for any encouragement!!☺

Replies

• twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am new also. I am also 42. lol. I need to lose 35-40 pounds. I am having a hard time deciding what to eat and finding time to exercise. I have GOT to get my mind set right. I am going to send you a friend request.
  • MrsKearns
    MrsKearns Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started my weight loss journey january 1st. I havent been tracking like I need to be so thats my goal, keep doing zumba and tracking and I know ill lose! I've lost 12lbs so far. Good luck to you!
  • christinerush
    Options
    Hi, I would suggest buying some Protein powder and using it in place of milk on cereal and adding water to it. I use it on oats and its lovely and creamy and very filling and I find it will keep me full till lunch time. The brand I like best is called Body Science Shaping Powder for women and is vanilla flavoured. Its is easily available in the supermarket and and much cheaper than buying it from the sports shop. I also purchased a heart rate monitor and now know how fast to walk to be in the fat burning zone. Hope this helps you!
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    What does Protien powder do??? I have heard alot of people say they are using it, but what is the purpose of it?
  • biancardi
    Options
    I've been on MFP since 2/15 and this has been a really great tool for me to use. I need to lose weight for an upcoming surgery - I had 2 surgeries last year and the last surgery caused a huge hernia :( So, I will be going again under the knife, but my doctor would like me to lose some weight, which is fine by me. I am overweight anyway and I want to lose 65 pounds overall - I only need to lose 15-20 pounds by my surgery at the end of April

I've been walking 3 - 4 times a week, about 2.5 miles per walk at a brisk pace (I do that walk in about 35 minutes). I need to do more and I've been walking up the stairs at work instead of taking the elevator. I have fibit to help track my steps - I do struggle to get to just 7000 steps a day!

I have been watching what I eat, but I do miss my sweets. ....but I love that I've lost 3 pounds since 2/15!
  • lizabean89
    lizabean89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This a great site. Feel free to friend me, it really does help having people keep you accountable (especially knowing they will look at your food diary). I have been off and on MFP for years, but this time I am really trying to reach out to the community for support. So none of this are in it alone.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started this on Monday and I'm reaching for 50lbs. I really like the ease in tracking my calories. I think it's important for me to realize this is a life long action. I can't just diet and exercise until I lose weight. Nope, I'm realizing that I must take owner ship of every bite of food put in my mouth for the rest of my life...because I'm not a naturally thin eater! But knowing what I need to do empowers me. And this website makes it so easy to do so. I'm excited as I begin this journey. I'm looking forward to not only disciplining my body but also growing spiritually and emotionally through this time as well.

You are welcome to add me as a friend; we can encourage and exhort each other to continue to press on to our goal :)

Blessings and Joy!
  • RobertaKR
    RobertaKR Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am new also. I am also 42. lol. I need to lose 35-40 pounds. I am having a hard time deciding what to eat and finding time to exercise. I have GOT to get my mind set right. I am going to send you a friend request.

Welcome! you'll find lots of support and ideas here. You mentioned not having time to exercise. Anything you do including, cleaning your house, doing yard work, going on an errand by walking, IS exercise that burns calories. Check out the database in the Exercise tab section. Deciding what to eat... for me I eat almost everything I did before MFP, just less of it.

10704192.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started this on Monday and I'm reaching for 50lbs. I really like the ease in tracking my calories. I think it's important for me to realize this is a life long action. I can't just diet and exercise until I lose weight. Nope, I'm realizing that I must take owner ship of every bite of food put in my mouth for the rest of my life...because I'm not a naturally thin eater! But knowing what I need to do empowers me. And this website makes it so easy to do so. I'm excited as I begin this journey. I'm looking forward to not only disciplining my body but also growing spiritually and emotionally through this time as well.

You are welcome to add me as a friend; we can encourage and exhort each other to continue to press on to our goal :)

Blessings and Joy!