Anyone else newly married??

Options
I'm new here - just got married a week ago. Pretty sure I'm the only bride who gained weight right before her wedding instead of losing! (At least I know my husband loves me at any size, right?!) Anyway, I'm so excited about starting our life together, but I'm not feeling at my healthiest. I'd like to lose about 25 pounds and get into fighting shape so I can keep up with my athletic husband on our upcoming honeymoon to Alaska! Would love to be friends with anyone who has similar (or not similiar!) goals!

Good luck to everyone with MFP!!

Replies

• SMiller074
    SMiller074 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your wedding! I've been married a little over a year, but I must say it still feels like yesterday. While I didn't gain weight before the wedding, after it was over I gained quite a few rebound pounds! It's good that your husband is athletic so you two can support each other health-wise. Enjoy your honeymoon, Alaska sounds fantastic!
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Trust me, you're not the only bride who gained weight before the wedding. I gained 20 lbs. after I moved to where my now-husband lives. I moved last June, and we were married in August. There's a lot of stress involved in planning a wedding. Lol.
  • PaulKruse
    Options
    Yep. We are newly-weds. Only married 38 years, but every day is a new day.

Enjoy your trip to Alaska.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Hey hey :smile:

I've been married six weeks, and in the four weeks following the wedding i gained 16.5lb of the 25lb i'd lost in the 18 months leading up to the wedding. It sucks, but you know what... If our hubbies have seen us at our biggest and still wanted to marry us, we're super lucky!!

That's how i look at it!

Feel free to add me if you want!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    We've been married about 8 months. I gained about 15 pounds in the year before we were married, so I couldn't wear the dress I wanted to wear. It sucked, but I guess that's life.
  • shandirae
    Options
    I just got married as well! My husband is a great cook and I started gaining weight when we started dating! I just started using this site on Tues. and I think it would be fun to start making some friends!
  • kimclaws
    kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    got married september 10th, went on a cruise for the honeymoon, and worked out 2 x a day in their little gym, when we were back home i really hit training hard, i refuse to be the wife that lets herself go.!
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I lost weight about a year before my August '11 wedding. And I was pleased with myself that I kept off what I lost while planning our wedding. However I gained it back with my husband going back to school. Now I have my goal to lose about 50 pounds. This includes the 25 I had lost before my wedding. This site has really helped my be aware of my portions. It is good to know that my husband loves me no matter what my size is because that last 50 pounds went on after we got together( and 40 pounds went on him) So we are being each others motivation to reach are goals.