Hoping to lose 50lbs and needs a friend (or several!)

Options
Hi all!

After a massive weight gain in the past 6 months, I've been hoping to get back to my old routine (+ some improvements, of course!) and lose everything I gained, and then some.

The thing is, I'm the only young overweight person I know - almost everyone I hang out with is either a soldier, an athlete, or has an otherwise physically demanding job. So I was hoping to find some people to relate to, and to discover some tips and recipes to help me lose weight and stay motivated. Already, I'm amazed at how detailed the Diary on this site is, and I feel it's going to be a great help!

So add me if you like, I'm very open and friendly :)

Replies

• Suzzie81498
    Suzzie81498 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are lots of encouraging people here! I have a support group on facebook- and most of us have joined myfitnesspal as well! Most of us are in our late 20's/early 30s, but would be happy to add!

Im 33, and trying to lose 54 MORE lbs! Ive lost 14 so far.
  • khrystyna82
    khrystyna82 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Im in the same boat. I'll add you. Good luck!
  • cmancer
    Options
    Hi,

I have been using this app/site for two weeks and it is changing the way i eat.

I know that being young and overweight sucks.

I have been up and down all my life.

But, I think that this site and app works because if your are honest and diligent and add it all in you will soon see how easy it can be to manage your food diary.

Success will come with reverse peeks and long troughs. In that you should see a manged decline and flat periods.

The thing is keep drinking water, exercise and enter all your food.

From my experience you get less hungry overtime and alos you calories decline as you don't need the extras.

Anyhoo good luck!
  • irishasian05
    irishasian05 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have about the same goals, so we can do this together!!!! Good luck!
  • sfarmer327
    Options
    I'm 48, so clearly on the wrong side of the gate, but I lost 50 lbs in 2010 (before I knew about MFP); no pills, no gym, no support, so I know a bit about how tough it is and the mindset. I was keen to make it a personal thing I did on my own and not to burden my husband and kids with it. It took about 10 months. I crafted myself a draconian diet and I was hungry but not starving. I exercised at home 1 hour a day every day, no excuses. I maintained till the holidays of 2011 and 9 new pounds showed up. I'm now trying to get that off plus another 13 I still exercise every day and keep to the net 1200 cals MFP gives me. I'll happily add you. My sister was my only other friend and she gave up weeks ago. : ) I love MFP and boy is this round easier with it.