What made you decide to lose weight?

Options
What made you decide to lose weight?
For me it was when I saw a pic of me in my swimsuit, I could not believe how big I had gotten in such a short amount of time.

Replies

• imogenjade
    Options
    lose weight after having my baby xx
  • ohtobe2
    Options
    Yep, I saw a photo of me sitting in a camping chair and thought OMG!!!! Time to make some changes...
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a clean pair of jeans so my mom (who has had 3 kids and is twice my age) loaned me hers - and they were TOO TIGHT. That was such an eye opener. My mom isn't overweight, but she's certainly always been a little bigger than I am because of the kids and such. I figured if she could fit in those jeans after three kids there was no excuse for me not to.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I was going through my travel pics, and I didn't like how I looked in most of them. Decided it was time to do something about it.
  • ChristineW82
    ChristineW82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Feeling completely uncomfortable in my own body. My arms don't come closer enough to my body for my comfort.

No energy, not being able to keep up with my 4 kids and have fun. :grumble:
  • MissPriss_423
    Options
    Going on vacation and wantd to look good in a bikini! AND feel good about myself wearing it!!:happy:
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    buying pants with a waist higher than my age. I'm 41
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Lol my thighs started to rub together. SO annoying!!
    Started to feel fat in places they never used to be. /:
    Clothes weren't fitting like they used to.
  • gemini2267
    gemini2267 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    In your mind you think you look ok. In the mirror you thought......maybe I could lose a few pounds. But when you look at a picture, you're like " when did this happen!!!!!!!! That was my wake up call.
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    When I went shopping for my 8th grade graduation (I was at my biggest then) & NOTHING fit or looked good. I broke down in the dressing room. After that, I decided I needed to do something about it.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    In your mind you think you look ok. In the mirror you thought......maybe I could lose a few pounds. But when you look at a picture, you're like " when did this happen!!!!!!!! That was my wake up call.

Absolutely love your post!! I feel ya 100%
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Really awful pics of me on a family weekend in the mountains, coupled with knowing one of my friends was doing really well losing weight and figuring if I got my act together I could probably do it, too.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    The before side of my profile picture disgusted me when I saw it.