Would you log his?

Options
2»

Replies

• jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Good question. I clean motels for work, and can be on the go for up to 5 hours some days. I never know whether to log it or not???

those calories should be reflected in your activity level... you would have chosen "moderately active" or something similar so that you get more cals per day to balance that out
  • brian1229
    Options
    It depends on your settings. If you have sedentary, then I would. I have mine as moderately active, so I wouldn't because it is already factored in.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Good question. I clean motels for work, and can be on the go for up to 5 hours some days. I never know whether to log it or not???

those calories should be reflected in your activity level... you would have chosen "moderately active" or something similar so that you get more cals per day to balance that out
    Yes!!! I am constantly on my feet all day running and I dont log it because that is my everyday routine!
  • Aphreal
    Aphreal Posts: 103
    Options
    I don't log that type of activity and with a house of 7, I do a lot of it LOL, If something is out of the normal, like the past two days I have been painting and moving furniture, ripping out wood and sanding ceilings... I do count that.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I log anything I don't do every day. ie, not the daily dishes but yes if I spend 30 minutes on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor (which, believe me, doesn't happen very often).
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I lost a lot of weight when I went on a 2 week cleaning bender. As long as you keep purposely moving especially up and downstairs count it.

Suggestion: if you continue to log cleaning and you reach your weekly weight loss goals then continue to log. If you stall for more than 2 weeks cut back on logging it.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I only log cleaning when it is something out the ordinary and not part of my regular routine. Same thing with walking my dog...I only log the really long walks.
  • robb7
    robb7 Posts: 22
    Options
    Na, don't log it. I only log moderate and heavy work outs. I calculate the intensity based on my heart rate. If it's within those 'moderate' or 'intensity' zones then I count it. Otherwise it's consider physical movement which is normal daily activity.
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I would, any major housework like spring cleaning, anything not in " normal limits" I log. I look at this way, if I know I'm going to feel it the next day, I log it. I don't log bringing in wood to the wood box but I log in chopping wood because I know I'll feel those muscles the next day.