How to control over eating?

Options
I have been dieting and working out for many years now, and I feel like I have had enough. I have maintained my weight and now I want to lose ten more lbs and I am constantly thinking about food. How can I control my eating? That's my biggest problem...I over eat! what do you guys do to not over eat?

Replies

• harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The single biggest thing that helps me is to drink a minimum of 1 gallon of water daily. other than that, protein and whole grains help satisfy me.
  • aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I read an article Jillian Michaels wrote and she said something that really helped me. She said to start by leaving one bite of food on your plate if you usually clear your plate. She said to say out loud "I have control over my food. I have control over myself". Now it sounds so simplisitic but if you're used to clearing your plate leaving that bite of food can be really hard. But everytime you do it it becomes easier and then you can start to leave more and more. Many people don't understand food addictions and how real they are but they can be beat. Good luck!
  • polkie05
    polkie05 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for those two tidbits! I will try to eating mantra :)
    and I do need to drink plenty of water
  • amykathleen2005
    amykathleen2005 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    On that same note, I just started drinking water hard core the past few days (before it was just Pepsi Max for me). I can't believe how full the 8 glasses a day make me feel. I used to be hungry at night, but not anymore because I am filled with water!
  • Chubacca007
    Options
    Perhaps you need more protein in your diet. Protein helps curb appetite, to a certain degree.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    what helps me is to drink water at meals and to add a side salad of spinach, spring mix and sliced cucumbers with at least 3 of my meals a day. that's tru even if i already have a vegetable planned and even if it's breakfast
  • polkie05
    polkie05 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I have started drinking more water. I especially need the blue gold to recover from a sudden cold. Booooooooooo!