3 Months, 30 lbs, And Many NSV's! (Warning, Bikini pics!)

Options
Originally I was going to wait til 40lbs to post in the Success Stories, but I saw the 3 month mark as a good enough time. My journey started out back in October, when I made a 101 things I will do in 1,001 days list. About 10 of my goals are health related, and one was to get to a healthy BMI. At the time, I was nearly 60 lbs over a healthy bmi weight for my height (5'2), and struggling with depression (I'm bipolar, but finally on medication that gives me some stability). It wasn't until right after Thanksgiving that I decided to commit to a plan, and happened upon MFP. And here I am, 3 months later, 30 lbs lighter, and able to do things I didn't think I'd ever be willing to try! I now am pre-training for a Marathon, ran 11 miles straight a few weeks ago (after about a month of running, though I used to be quite athletic so that probably helped in me picking it up so quick again), am only 43 seconds away from my goal of a 7:30 minute mile, and much much more! But, I'll let the stats and pictures do the talking...

3 Months ago:
Height: 5'2
Sw: 190
Neck: 13
Waist: 32.5
Hips: 44

Now (or last weekend)
Cw: 159.8
Neck: 11.5
Waist: 28.5
Hips: 40
6881402321_431c8e51dd.jpg
Feb. 2011 around 185, best body shot I could find, I have a habit of deleting things I look horrible in
6781674512_d951c2a6ce.jpg
Early Dec 2011 around 180, the red belt now falls off my waist, and here it was too tight!
6927811181_31fd12f934.jpg
Feb 2012, No pounds lost between the pictures (159.8 lbs) but lots of inches from all over my body.
6781718398_10d3a6ab9b.jpg
Taken today, Feb 24 2012

Anyways, I still have a long ways to go, just thought I'd share and hopefully inspire!

Replies

• plaaa
    plaaa Posts: 4
    Options
    Brilliant, you look great! My start weight was 184 and im not doing very well yet, still trying to work out whats going to work for me, my first goal is 160.
    Im also 5'2 and Im 23 years old. I hope by summer I can look back at my start photos and laugh - say I DID IT!!

Well done, you look amazing

:)
  • ehabboutros
    Options
    its shows and you look amazing :)
    well done and keep it up untill you reach your final target :))
  • kezzavee
    kezzavee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Well done for not worrying too much about the scale, I can clearly see the difference between those last two pictures, you look great!
  • bperry83
    bperry83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You've done a great job!
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your Success :) your so pretty!!!
  • marni35
    Options
    Your doing a kick *kitten* job... feel proud its such a inspiration..!!
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!! My friend is bipolar and her meds make her gain weight, so to suffer depression yet still lose all that weight is awesome! I started this in November too and am also battling depression so find it hard sometimes when I feel down, I have metabolism problems so havent lost a great deal but youve truly inspired me and given me some motivation and hope today, thank you so much for posting!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud! well done on your hard work to date, just imagine what you'll look like by next Summer!
  • virgomuse
    virgomuse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well done! Glad you are on path of health and well being! You look amazing, hope you feel the same way. Keep it up :O)
  • josettenehmelman
    josettenehmelman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • 4KatieLynn4
    Options
    You look amazing! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!! My friend is bipolar and her meds make her gain weight, so to suffer depression yet still lose all that weight is awesome! I started this in November too and am also battling depression so find it hard sometimes when I feel down, I have metabolism problems so havent lost a great deal but youve truly inspired me and given me some motivation and hope today, thank you so much for posting!

Yeah, the medication I'm on is supposed to make you gain like crazy! And can really mess with your thyroid. I know that my thyroid is a bit lower than normal (making me more prone to gain) because of it, so I'm pretty happy with being able to do this! And hang in there with the depression, if you just keep it up through it you'll eventually come out and be that much stronger for it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!