25 yr old male, 16weeks graft 88kg to 75.4kg

Options
Hello,
Well I have been commenting on people's success stories for a while now and thought it's about time I uploaded my journey over the last 16 weeks .
This is the before picture weighing 88kg took at the end of October 2011, 36inch waist
856kg-4113.jpg

Then this was taken 23rd of Feb 12, weighing 75.4kg, 32inch waist
76kg-23feb.jpg

I must have been 88kg for about 12months, I put on the weight by not looking after myself and generally just eating crap and not exercising, I’m glad I’m back to my old body shape and will never abuse my body again. This site made this possible for me and all the people that are on the same journey are a real inspiration to me, I love reading peoples stories and the forums. I feel I still have a little way to go but please feel free to ask any questions or send me a private message. Also please feel free to add me, always love to offer support to people who are serious about reaching their goals.

Many Thanks for reading:smile:

Replies

• sacha1977
    Options
    Wow! mmmmmm....nice body ;-)
    You look great xx
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I too love reading success stories and feel really inspired. Thank you for sharing, you do look AMAZING. love, love, love your results :happy:
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    NICE!

great job!
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    thank you for your kind comments this is the body im aiming for:

Tom-Hardy-warrior.jpg

will upload some tips on what worked for me, please check back later
  • pinkprincess205
    Options
    U look fab, well done xx
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    Wow !!

Goes to show hard work really does pay off ;)

Well done you !

xx
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Wow! Where's that belly gone! :bigsmile:
  • beduffbrickie
    Options
    Ok so here’s what worked for me for an average loss of nearly 2 pounds a week.

I never went to bed hungry, I always eat an hour before bed, e.g peanut butter on toast

I drank about 2 litres of water a day,

I mixed my diet up every other day, high protein day/low carbs, then high carbs/low protein

My diet wasn’t too strict just eat healthier foods, knowing that I could treat myself on a Saturday to what I wanted within reason.

I logged my food for 8 weeks then stopped, to make sure I could eat right and still carry on with the same rate of progress for
    the long term without the aid of a diary.

I eat at 9am, midday, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm

Always made sure I slept 9hrs a day

Every six weeks I would not go anywhere near a gym for a week to give myself a rest.

I exercised for 4-6 times a week depending on how I felt.

My gym programme contained 40mins cardio and 45mins weighting that was only pull ups, squats, deadlifts, lunges, clean
    and jerk, rows, chest press, press ups, all did with barbells, hardly did any isolation moves.

Always varied my work out every 4weeks to keep my body guessing, never did it the routine in the same order.

Would spend an hour each day reading inspiration stories and facts from weight loss and muscle forum boards on the net.

Just generally education for myself to keep focus.

I believe you have to want it. I had a period of nearly 3weeks where it was really hard.

Hope this helps, any questions or more info please ask
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    gj man! and if u worked 100% at ur nutirtion and training u could have your "goal" body in 3 months or less... ur pretty close so shouldnt take much!
  • beduffbrickie
    Options
    gj man! and if u worked 100% at ur nutirtion and training u could have your "goal" body in 3 months or less... ur pretty close so shouldnt take much!

thats the aim now, at first it was weight loss, but now im just going at it to see if I can achieve that body in my inspiration photo. I know it will be hard. To get anywhere near that will be great. but thanks for your comment, and everyone else.
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!

Katie
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Amazing, well done
  • amymaria91
    Options
    You look amazing, very very well done!!!
  • leika79
    leika79 Posts: 114
    Options
    looking good :wink:
  • C00lCountry
    Options
    Good inspiration for a big guy like myself.
    I know I have more to lose and will take longer.
    Looking at your results makes me want to work harder for mine.
    Keep up the good work man.
  • beduffbrickie
    Options
    Good inspiration for a big guy like myself.
    I know I have more to lose and will take longer.
    Looking at your results makes me want to work harder for mine.
    Keep up the good work man.

much appreciated, thanks for your comments guys!:happy:
  • memega
    memega Posts: 73
    Options
    Excellent results! Like your approach as well. Very inspirational. Keep it up.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nicely done. You look great.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Amazing job!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Good job mate!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!