Newbie!

Options
Well, sort of. I joined maybe a month and a half ago, but just found the message boards!

I'm 19 and morbidly obese with PCOS. I've lost about 10 pounds since joining MFP and I just bought a stationary bike, which I've been using every day. I'm aiming to lose about 150 pounds over time.. I know it's a lot, but I need to do it for myself!

Anyone else aiming for a large amount of weight loss (or a small amount!) want to be friends? I know I could use the support!

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

Have a mooch around the forums and see if you can find others with similar goals or interests as yourself then shoot them a friend request (it can help to include a quick message as to why you would like to be friends) Also, if you have specific interests you can use the search button just above your post to look for things that interest you.Or try searching groups http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups to find people that have the same interests etc. I have definitely seen many PCOS threads and a couple of groups around so you are far from alone

You can do this

Good luck
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I know you can do it!! I like the small goals idea, do not get discouraged. Set a few goals and reward yourself for hitting them - spa day, nails, tickets to game or concert etc...

You are gonna do great!!
  • sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    well done on your weight loss so far :) i need to lose at least 100lbs
    will send friend request
  • mukennc
    Options
    We can do it..this morning I feel optimistic about all of US today.
  • tehewok
    Options
    60lbs and counting. adding you as a friend!
  • knsissy
    knsissy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am ready to give this a try. 53 years old and want to lose 15-20 lbs. It seems that when I turned 49, everything I would eat would go directly to mid-section. I was going to they gym, taking all types of classes, 4 times a week, one hour classes. I had to stop several months ago due to bad veins, blood clot, etc, then surgery. Just got the green light to go ahead with the gym again. I get very discouraged because I am a stress eater, chocolate is my poison! So hopefully this will help. I did do the weight watcher thing but it was to time consuming, using that darn calculater and trying to figure out the points. So here I go, another adventure.

:ohwell:
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    it is possible i was 21st 5lb when i started dieting i got to 15stone, i then bulkined up to 17st 10 and now dieting down to get rid of the final bit. it has taken me 3 years and few injuries on the way,
    if you want it bad enough its more than possible to do

good luck with your goals feel free to add
  • crystaldawn1969
    Options
    I'm new, and would like to lose 100 pounds. Today I'm going to go to my first zumba class, can't wait. How did I get this big? Because I'm lazy. Go to work for 8 hours, come home fix dinner, then sit down infront of the tv with the computer. Tired of having to buy a bigger size pants whenever I go to get a new pair. Tired of not having any energy. Please add me, still learning things here.