New to the boards

Options
Hi, I'm 43 and have been using my fitness pal since Jan. 17. I've only lost 6 lbs and am a little disappointed. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this, I am 53 and have been with WW for the last year and have managed to lose 19kg, but can't seem to maintain, I heard of this site so here I am....and it is free!!!

I have a question-- How do I put Body Step and Body Pump into calories burnt?
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'd say 6 lbs in a month is a big accomplishment. Why are you disappointed?

Congrats!
  • czander1968
    czander1968 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good, thanks! I guess I was hoping for more. Lol
  • czander1968
    czander1968 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't know yet how to put in body pump or body step. Glad you are trying them! Good luck!
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I found body step but can't find body pump so finding it hard to calculate my exercise points.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I found body step but can't find body pump so finding it hard to calculate my exercise points.

I typically burn from 370 to 420 calories doing Body Pump. You can log it as Circuit Training, but I think those numbers are a bit high, so maybe see what that says and subtract about 100 calories
  • msracefan
    msracefan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 6lbs. down! Keep your head up! Remember, we're all here to support you!
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site as well. I am also new to watching my weight and trying to loose. Been on here a week and a half. I have lost 4.2 lbs but think my body is just in shock. LOL Most recommended weight lose is 1lb a week so you are doing good. If you loose to much to fast you won't keep it off or maintain it. That is why a lot of people who use fad diets gain all their weight back or more.