Help, I'm stuck!

Options
We started at the same time and one of MFP's has lost twice as much as me. We are same age, weight and height. Jealous (in a good way). No losses for 2 weeks now, but not not giving up. Don't know what's gone wrong. Cant keep up with exercise every single day and have only done today this week. Eating well to 1200 cals to 1300 per day, drinking watsr. Should this stop my weight loss?

Replies

• SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    The thing I learned about weight loss is that everyone has their own pace, and weight loss goes in fits and starts. Some weeks you are disappointed, and some weeks you think "WOW!" when you step on the scale.
    Keep at it!
  • wvbuckeye
    Options
    I went through a plateau for a couple of weeks and then it hit. I dropped 3 pounds in a week. I havent worked out in awhile, but have been eating clean. Your body will hold on to what it has, but as long as you keep fighting the fight, it can only hold on to the weight for so long and then that is when the plateau ends. Im not an expert on the matter but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night! :laugh:
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't public so I can't comment on what you're doing. But exercise will certainly not hurt. Find the time to take a walk every day. Even if it's just 15 min. Increase the pace every week and sneak in more as time allows.
  • sazzet
    sazzet Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? I think caloriy counting and what you eat go together. Also, are you eating enough? Are you drinking enough water.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    There are a number of factors that could be stalling your weight loss: TOM and water are just a few.

How is your sodium level? If it's too high you will retain water and gain a few lbs. There is one woman here that gains 9lbs the week before TOM.

Many people swear by spike days, that is, they eat (within reason) whatever they want for a meal/a day and don't worry about the calories they consume, this in turn 'tricks' their body into working harder to lose more weight. How true this is I don't know but, like I say, many people swear by it.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I am not a professional...but from my years working at the gym and trying to lose weight myself (and this time it is working)...I think that probably your metabolism is slower. I haven't looked at your diet or execise but make sure you are drinking half your body weight in ounces per day. This will keep you energized and help speed up your metabolism... Drink it cold too....

Are you eating 5-6 small meals per day?

Green tea is supposed to help.

What kind of exercise are you doing? Be sure to be doing Strength Training WITH cardio... I personally do interval training using a lot of my own body weight too (calisthenics) and it really helps! I have noticed considerable differences in the last 6 weeks.

And if all else fails, coffee! LOL I am only partially joking...it has been known to give you energy and speed up your heart. Of course, don't load it up with sugars and creams - and don't go overboard with it! This is just an occasional pick-me-up when you feel you just don't have the energy.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at the same weight for about a month and it was SO annoying. I recently started the Spike diet (where you eat at your bmr 3 days, eat bmr minus 500 cals (but not lower than 1200 ever) 3 days, and one day a week you eat twice your bmr and enjoy yourself. When you do the math it basically puts you at a calorie defecit over the week while the spike day helps your metabolism and keeps you happy. This week I finally broke that plateau. I'm not down a bunch ..only .4 pounds (still waiting for a final figure though since tomorrow is my official weigh in morning before I Spike all day) but I can't tell you how nice it was to see the scale finally budge. And that was with not totally following the plan to the letter and being home with two sick kids so I'm hoping for even better results next week and really looking forward to enjoying some food and drinks tomorrow. :)
  • MummyKD
    Options
    Keep at it. You have already lost 8lbs and that is 8 lbs less to carry around every day. I have had a very similar experience, my friend keeps losing her weight much quicker than me. I find it hard to fit in exercise too, but I try to not use lifts, walk faster and park my car a bit further away, every little helps.
    I find that when I eat too many starchy foods the weight doesn't come off well. I limit myself to two slices of wholemeal bread a day and have veg like celery and carrots to snack on rather than fruit. I also eat loads of 0.1% fat cottage cheese as it is really filling.
    Hope this helps, and keep at it. :flowerforyou:
    Kathrin xx
  • Srdking
    Srdking Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people who will have a spike day if needed. Well I just went through my own plateau. So what did I do? I went back over everything I was eating. Made sure there was no sugar, other then what's in my healthy foods and so on. I also don't take in a lot of sodium. So how did I get over the plateau firstly I tried different things to see what will work for me. I figured out that somethings we eat the calories can be off. What is said on the label can be off by a percentage! So I lowered my calories, kept at my exercise. When I say lowered I don't mean dangerously lowered. I only lowered it by about 100 calories. I stepped on the scale today I'm down just a little under 3 pounds yay! So it worked but before I lowered for the week, I did have a few spike days. I wanted to throw my body out of the normal it was used too.

I could tell my last couple days of working out were more intense for my body. Not as easy as it has been. So I do agree having a spike day or two, and changing your routine could work. It worked for me, good luck!
  • KylieBarstow
    Options
    Depending on how much you weigh in comparison to your height, 1200-1300 still may not be enough calories to maximize your calories. I started eating 1300-1400 or more a day and that's when I started to lose a lot of weight. My tip would be to calculate your BMR under the tools tab, and subtract 500 from it and aim to MEET that goal every day. For Example my bmr is 1850-500=1350. 1350 should be my minimum calorie intake everyday.

Good luck!
  • WalkWoman
    WalkWoman Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Going to keep power. Walking, eating clean, drinking water, strength training. This fat has got to go. I'm in charge of this body and the sun is coming out soon. Just wanna be able to wear normal jeans and tshirt instead of sack. Tx again pals.
  • WalkWoman
    WalkWoman Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Tx. Praying for this.