What's for Lunch????

Options
I have to pack my lunch everyday and I'm so over taking a salad. What are some other healthy items do you pack for your lunches!! I need knew ideas :)

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Can you warm things up, or is it cold food only?
  • Katy_Adele
    Katy_Adele Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It can be warm, I have a refrigerator and a microwave!
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    If I pack a lunch, usually a bag of mixed raw vegetables, protein (2 hardboiled eggs or some roast beef rolled up into a lettuce leaf), maybe some fruit (granny smith apple or even one of those 70 cal packs of apricots), 1/4 avocado in a bag (yes, I like to eat them like an apple, lol), trader joes small almond packs.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Hellmans - Real Mayonaise, 0.5 tbs
    Boar's Head - All Natural Roasted Turkey Breast, 0.5 ounces
    Boar's Head - All Natural Cap-Off Top Round Roast Beef, 0.5 oz.
    Boar's Head - American Cheese (Yellow & White), 0.5 ounce
    Thomas' - Sahara Whole Wheat Mini Pita Pockets, 1 Loaf (28g)
    Berry Fresh - Blueberries, 3 OZ

Calories221, Carbs19, Fat 12, Protein 13, Sodium 483, Cholesterol 32
    Add lettuce, tomato or any veggie you like, (minimal calorie increase)
  • rmoga99
    Options
    I really like making chili with ground turkey and a lot of vegetables, and some beans. A lot of fibre and keeps me satisfied. I make a batch at the beginning of the week (on the weekend) and have it for lunches for the week. I pair this with some nice fresh vegetables. And maybe 2 melba toasts for dipping.
  • MFR1974
    Options
    soup!
  • jdavison91
    Options
    you can make some homemade chicken or tuna salad (skip the mayo) by mixing some veggies in with the chicken or tuna (I use canned). Put them all in the food processor for a few seconds, trying to leave the consistency a bit chunky. Spread the mixture on a flatout flat bread leaving about 1/2 inch around the edge. Roll it up and cut it into bit size slices. High in protein, has some good carbs, and keeps me full through the afternoon :)

Here are the macros on my recipe with chicken, celery, and onion: kC 152, C 12, F 3, P 21
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I either do a chicken or turkey sandwich with cheese, light mayo mustard and low fat bread. Or a healthy choice! I like healthy choice cause they have veggies!
  • drmnofsun
    Options
    Here are a couple of quick ideas:

Whole wheat pita stuffed with hummus, lettuce, tomato, peppers, & cucumbers, with celery, carrots, grape tomatoes & light Baby Bell cheese

Google "so very blessed"--It's a blog. Her quinoa pizza bites are easy to make, yummy, and reheat well. Her mini quiche were good, too.

I cook soup in the crockpot often (taco soup, potato soup, chili, cabbage soup, etc.). I freeze left overs into small containers that are perfect for lunch. If you make healthy soup choices, it can be a low cal lunch.

Sometimes I just take a variety of sliced vegetables with ranch or hummus, fruits, and a few almonds.
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese and apple slices with side of sliced turkey
    Greek Yogurt with granola, sliced almonds and flax seed mixed in
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I eat leftovers from the night before... I always make enough for me and my husband to have the next day for lunch... Saves on time too!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I eat leftovers from the night before... I always make enough for me and my husband to have the next day for lunch... Saves on time too!

This^^^ when my husband doesn't eat it all... Today I brought leftover brown rice, veggies, and swordfish.

I also keep peanut butter singles in my desk - apple and one of those is good for a light lunch and I keep granola here to add to my morning yogurt.