JUNE SHREDDERS WEEK 5!!!!!

Options
Vans
Vans Posts: 388 Member
Hey hey!!

Wow Today for me is day 5 of phase 3. I can finally DO the unmodified walking push ups.....my abs buuuurn lol loooove it :wink:

and I am extremely happy that we will do this for July as well!!

I am interested to see who else will do a second month!!!:bigsmile:

I am feeling great. I decided to only weigh in today and then I will measure after 30 days (therefore Tuesday I will measure)

I am feeling great....and looving the burn now...I ALMOST look forward to Shredding daily!!!lol:bigsmile:

Since we are continuing for July I will be starting phase 1 on Wednesday....I plan to push my hardest to not do modified moves......which is a little personal goal. As well as 5Ibs-10Ibs NO MORE 3Ibs!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Good luck this week!!!

Happy Shredding:flowerforyou:

Replies

• leshawnturner
    Options
    Good morning!!!! I got just start on my July shred because my mom wanted to try it and I didn't want her trying it on Level 3. So this morning we did day 1 level 1. It was ofcourse a good workout and some thing I still couldn't do all the way (even though i've done level 2), but I don't feel bad because I still feel stronger. Which is great!! Also, I tried on clothes this weekend and had the pleasant surprise of finding out that I am down 1 dress size!!!!:noway: :smooched: I was estatic!!!!:love::bigsmile: Not to mention when I weighed this morning I am down 4lbs and am finally out of the 250s (I'm 246.8)!!!!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!! I will do my measurements on Tues and will PM them to you vans.

Keep shredding!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!

Day 5 of level 3 DONE!!! Five more days and then I'm going to start over with level 1 for July!
    Didn't lose any weight this week but did lose some inches. Also, I'm definately building muscle in my arms and legs. I can actually flex my bicep! Granted, it's a pretty small bicep, but it's still a bicep! :happy:

leshawnturner - congrats on being a size smaller!!! That's awesome!!! :happy:

Vans - congrats on the walking push-ups! :flowerforyou: Those are definately a burner!

The V-Flies in level 2 have been the hardest thing for me so far. I'm hoping to be able to do them without pausing at all my second time around!

Have a great week everyone!

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • karlira
    karlira Posts: 100
    Options
    Hey!!
    Im so excited about shredding with you guys in july!! June was a difficult month for me, but july here I come, Im going to start level 2 tomorrow morning, I just finished my last day in level 1.. At least I did all of it without stopping and didnt do the modified versions (except for pushups:blushing: )

Im so glad you are getting results, im so happy for you!!!

Congratulations on the weight and inches loss and of course for pushing play!!!

Have a great day!!
  • PinkShoes
    Options
    At least I did all of it without stopping and didnt do the modified versions (except for pushups:blushing: )

I still do the modified push-ups too! I can do maybe one or two real push-ups...they are so hard for me!!!
    When I was in middle school, the gym teacher called modified/knee push-ups "girl push-ups" and the gym teacher was a woman! She was insulting her own kind! :laugh:
    To this day, I still catch myself calling them "girl push-ups."
    I can't wait until I can do 10 full real push-ups! That will be an awesome day!

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • karlira
    Options
    Hi, today I did level 2 day 1!!

Wow that was hard!!! I really felt like I was going to die, just like jillian says.. I really found that the hardest moves are the one in the plank position, especially the last one the twist plank

Of course I did several modified versions, but all i think i did well :smile:
    And oh yes, now I know what you meant about sweating a lot with it

Well, keep pushing play!!

:drinker:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    leshawnturner - congrats on being a size smaller!!! That's awesome!!! :happy:

THANK YOU!!!:flowerforyou: It felt good to be able to put on a smaller size.

VANS - you go girl!!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :love: Those walking push ups are a beast!!!! I still can't do them standing up, I have to get on my knees to do it.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    karlira - you go!!!!! You've been working hard and improving!! Good job!!

Keep pushing play everyone!!

P.S. Has anyone tried any of her other workouts??
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I FINALLY have access to a computer....So sorry I have not posted OUR team results for June....I am currently "out of town" visiting some family.....I will be home by Sunday and Promise to post then.....I really cant wait to keep pushing through July.....So in total I lost 12 inches and 11 pounds so far....I sure am HAPPY I have you guys...You have NO idea how much it has helped to have others doing the Shred...I know I said it before...but.....THANK YOU SHREDDERS :)
  • PinkShoes
    Options
    Vans - no worries about not posting our results yet! :smile:
    I haven't added up my total inches yet...I think I'll go do that now! Well, I think I'll do the Shred first actually!

Congrats on losing 12 inches and 11 pounds!!! That's awesome! :flowerforyou: :happy:

And I agree with you...it's so helpful to know others are doing the Shred along with me!
  • karlira
    Options

Actually I just finished doing the Banish Fat Boost Your Metabolism dvd, and OMG that is intense.. It is very similar to the shred in that both are circuit training.. Some of the moves form the shred are in it.. Differences I found: This is much longer about 50 minute long... Also what I liked a lot about this one is that most of the exercises are standing up.. There is just one circuit down on the floor, and of course it has some killer moves like plank twist, walking planks (30-day level 3 style), etc... All in all, this is more of cardio workout, you dont even use weights.. Of course jumping jacks, rope jumping, butt kicks are present, but also a lot of kickboxing moves, which I love, love, love..

I liked it a lot !! It kicked my butt tough :blushing:

Oh, and I burned 450 calories wow!!!:love:

I think I am going to alternate the shred whit this banish video...

Well, have a great weekend you girls!!!
    See ya monday morning.. (sundays I usually dont work out)

keep pushing play!!
  • PinkShoes
    Options

Actually I just finished doing the Banish Fat Boost Your Metabolism dvd, and OMG that is intense.. It is very similar to the shred in that both are circuit training.. Some of the moves form the shred are in it.. Differences I found: This is much longer about 50 minute long... Also what I liked a lot about this one is that most of the exercises are standing up.. There is just one circuit down on the floor, and of course it has some killer moves like plank twist, walking planks (30-day level 3 style), etc... All in all, this is more of cardio workout, you dont even use weights.. Of course jumping jacks, rope jumping, butt kicks are present, but also a lot of kickboxing moves, which I love, love, love..

I liked it a lot !! It kicked my butt tough :blushing:

Oh, and I burned 450 calories wow!!!:love:

I think I am going to alternate the shred whit this banish video...

Well, have a great weekend you girls!!!
    See ya monday morning.. (sundays I usually dont work out)

keep pushing play!!

Wow! The Banish Fat Boost Your Metabolism dvd sounds awesome! Intense but awesome! Maybe would should all try that one when we're done with our second round of the Shred?? Anyone up for a Banish Fat Boost Your Metabolism group for August?? Just a thought! :smile:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I'm down for a Banish the Fat for Aug. Let me look around to see where I can purchase the video (although I think its on my on demand along with the shred, I'll look to see)...

I'm back on level 2 and I actually did 3 walking push ups in a row!!!:bigsmile: Then I hurt my shoulder doing the plank thrusts move :grumble: ...oh well I let it rest this morning and I'll give it a try this evening...

Keep up the good work ladies!!!!
  • PinkShoes
    Options
    leshawnturner - we're on a new thread this week. :smile:
    Here is the link to the new one -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/59137-week-5-july-shredders