fruits and veggies, every too many?

Options
all ive been eating really is fruits and veggies. I cut out bread, soda, any sort of treat, besides the occasional snack on some dark chocolate chips (about a tblsp). my question is, is fruit a good substitute for other sweets like chocolate or icecream? especially at night. i know fruit has a lot of sugar, but i also hear its healthy sugar that doesn't "stick"....please help :)

Replies

• Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    eat as much veggie as you like, fruit is a bit different, your body needs glucose in order to operate, its finding a nice balance that works for you, i prefer to eat berries they are lower in carbs and sugars than most other fruits
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Try to eat most of your vegetables raw if possible. It is a fact that most of the goodness is gone after they have been cooked over high heat. I take a product called Juice Plus that helps me with the lack of raw vegetables that I normally eat. Yes, I think you can over do fruits because of the calories, however, you need some good raw fruit every day too. I love grapes, apples, ect but if I eat too many I have to leave off protein which really keeps me from being so hungry. I try really hard to simply stay under my calorie budget no matter from whence they come.