Size 12 to Size 6 in 5 months!

Options

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I must be shopping in the wrong place for jeans :( cause I'm 5'1 and weight 131 and wear a 9/10!!!
  • myf1101
    Options
    Wow that's a great weight loss and personally I have found this very inspiring having just completed my first week. Well done.
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like how you say "quality" calories!!! That is the key. I also give in to some ice cream and chips but make sure all my other calories are "quality".....Congrats on your SIZE 6!!!!
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and size 8-10 for years:( I would love to get down to 6. My dream come true would be size 4..long ways to go before i get there. Currently 137-138lb.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I would love to see past and current pics. I am the same height and weigh just a little less than you when you started. It would be motivating to see how much difference 30lbs makes. Keep up the good work!

Moodyc82--the difference in jeans size could be due to different brands but also everyone carries weight differently. Two people could be the same weight and be different sizes for various reasons. I do find a lot of variation between brands, though.
  • BBoros
    BBoros Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Kristin- Everyone I talk to can't believe i'm actually a size 9/10. I guess I hide my weight well?? I buy my jeans at express. But I do have a pair of size 5's that fit so go figure :(
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • myth4ever
    Options
    u are awesome!!!
  • mysticwonder
    Options
    Congrats!!! Can't wait to see pics.

I started Jan. 2nd at 176. I'm 5'4" and now I'm 161. Stuck on a plateau for the last 2 weeks, but hoping to break it this week. Final goal weight is 125.
  • KristinArredondo
    KristinArredondo Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I AM THE EXACT SAME HEIGHT, THE EXACT SAME WEIGHT (STARTING WEIGHT) AND THIS IS SO INSPIRING FOR ME!! WAY TO GO!!! =)
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    WTG
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Thats amazing you are an inspiration You go girl!!!!!:smokin:
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    How'd you do it? Just tracking food and exercise?
  • TracyB25
    Options
    CONGRAT'S!! I, like many others on here. would also like to know how you did it???

I have 30lbs to lose, and have 4 months left until a wedding/vacation I'd like to be slim and fit for!

I'm currently squeezing into size 11/12, and own one "back-up" pair of size 13 dress pants I bought over the holidays just-in-case. I'm a goo 9-10" taller than you, but also have 30+lbs to lose, and I do own a pair of size 6 jeans I fit into for about a month 5 years ago...although my goal is to fit comfortably into a size 7.
  • cprice05
    cprice05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love hearing about successes..so inspiring and motivating.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have actually been doing Weight Watcher's since September but honestly, it's very similar to using all the food tracking tools available right here on MFP. I am allowed to eat 26 points which is about the same as 1200 calories here :) The secret trick is to TRACK all your food you put in your mouth! I actually write down EVERYTHING I eat (in a journal I bought at WW) and stay within my points. My husband tracks his diet right here on MFP and is already down 20 lbs since November!

In addition to my 26 WW points, I get an extra 49 points per week that I can use at anytime (blow them all on one night or a little everyday). This has kept me sane since I feel like I'm cheating but yet I still lose weight! My husband has adopted a version of this concept and allows himself an extra 2000 calories per week for "cheating" and is still losing weight!

I try to exercise 3 times/week but I don't alaways get to it :( And I'm always doing something different... fast walk, step class, bootcamp, strength training :)

Being accountable to that scale every Monday morning has also helped, I think! And lastly, keep your goals small... like every 5 lbs or every dress size because thinking of the big picture can sometimes be overwhelming!
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will post before and after pics soon. My current profile pic is actually at 137 lbs... time to change it :)
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Well done:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!