knee surgery

Options
I want to lose 50 pounds before knee replacement surgery in July! Help me set some goals! I ride a recumbent exercise bike about 8 miles a day for about 30 minutes. Do you think I should increase to 2 times a day?

Replies

• Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    is does take more than just exercise, its important your diet is right, only exercise if you feel you can dont over do it, i hope the op goes well, i know in most cases it does
  • karylee44
    Options
    good luck! i had surgery in september (just to fix two tears in my menscus) but am looking forward to having both knees replaced in the next few years.. (not!). diet is the main key.. stick to your numbers. and exercise will help keep your legs strong to recover better.. good luck!
  • sandynx820
    sandynx820 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Didn't know you were going to have knee surgery...best of luck and many prayers going your way on that!!!
    Yes, I think 2X a day would be beneficial as long as you are able to do it comfortably.....DON'T overdo it!
    Also, I noticed when I added a lot more veggies to my diet I lost the weight much quicker. The key for me is small amounts of lean protein, small amounts of healthy carbs, and lots and lots of veggies. Just be sure to go slowly on "upping" them to prevent noisy and embarrassing outbursts! :):embarassed:
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Didn't know you were going to have knee surgery...best of luck and many prayers going your way on that!!!
    Yes, I think 2X a day would be beneficial as long as you are able to do it comfortably.....DON'T overdo it!
    Also, I noticed when I added a lot more veggies to my diet I lost the weight much quicker. The key for me is small amounts of lean protein, small amounts of healthy carbs, and lots and lots of veggies. Just be sure to go slowly on "upping" them to prevent noisy and embarrassing outbursts! :):embarassed:

:bigsmile: bump:bigsmile:
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and support!