friggin backyard bbq's

Options
that's all I have to say about that! :grumble:

Replies

• darthkatalyst
    Options
    yeah.. i'm sticking to grilled chicken, salad, fruit salad, and corn.. otherwise it's temptation island!
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    there was none of that just hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and desserts :( I'm afraid to log it all
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    bleh, I was feeling like that too! But if I can't be honest with myself, I will never make it through this "journey". I know I am harder on myself than anyone else is with me, but gotta deal with the facts to make better choices next time... and sometimes it just isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be! Besides, the day isn't over..... and sometimes friggin backyard bbq's have little kids to chase and play with, and they neeeeeveeeer get tired of playing tag and chase! Our son sure doesn't, it makes exercise more of a game for me than a dreaded chore, especially hearing his giggles :bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just got back from our church potluck. Had a good time and splurged. I'll get back on track tomorrow. I'm not gonna stress over it.
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    I am not logging calories (or worrying about them while I am celebrating) on New Year's Eve/Day, Easter, my birthday, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving or Christmas. That's my one week of vacation time per year :)
  • twocats
    twocats Posts: 31
    Options
    Just got home from friggin backyard bbq at in-laws. 2600 calories and I just remembered I ate a piece of cheese I forgot to log.

ARRRGGGHHHHH.

Does anyone know how I can burn off 1500 calories before I go to bed? LOL.

Sigh. Tomorrow is another day.

(belches, loosens waistband and slinks away.....)
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    I just worked out and I'm 111 calories over... but what the heck, Tommorrow will be here before you know it.....
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    Correction... make that 344 calories over.... I'm about to eat a slice of pie.... (I never get to eat pie, and they bought my favorite....Apple) :-P
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm over, too. The ribs did it!
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I am still 300 cal under, but as soon as the burger dinner wears off, I'll be starting the Corona's. that will be my downfall. I did exercise today and got 500cals. extra to eat, so I am going to eat them all.
    :bigsmile: :smokin: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • HEK81
    HEK81 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    We did the BBQ yesterday. I logged in what I thought I was going to eat. Boy did I eat more. I didn't go over because I worked out yesterday. I did end up with an upset stomach though. Lesson learned.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    I went over by only 33 thank god, but im a little upset at myself because I ate over 600cals in one meal :grumble: deffinately not a good thing to cram it in all at once *sigh*
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I got up and mowed the lawn.... We have about an acre of land going up hill for about half of the property! Took me an hour and 15 minutes! May I suggest mowing the lawn this Sunday to burn off some of those calories?

I know I got quite the work out and I was working to a goal which I have found is easier then mindless running/walking/treadmill for me. I didn't feel bad about eating steak tips salad and a hotdog for the 4th!

(I even had a piece of my own pineapple upside down cake!)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    000203E4.gif
    bbq pork ribs
    potato salad
    macaroni salad
    baked beans
    garlic bread
    chips and sour cream dip.

I ate it and I dont feel badly for I know tomorrow will be back to normal! WOW Normal for me is the carrots and hummus!!

Enjoy, sleep well and have a poached egg and dry wheat for breakfast!!

:drinker: Cheers Jeannie
  • dcrump
    dcrump Posts: 13
    Options
    Don't feel like the lone ranger. I am with you. Today was the first time I really splurged and now I am sitting here wondering how can I try to burn down all the extra calories I took in today before I go to bed. lol. But I am not going to stress, I know tommorrow it is back to my normal day and I am eager to get started. We should award ourselves all holidays and birthdays as splurge time as someone mention above. All I have to say is tommorrow is another day and it can only get better.
  • Teachmisskim
    Teachmisskim Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My opinion...log it...own it....tomorrow is a new day! Don't punish yourself mentally because of one bad day. You need to see what the calories are no matter what. Just think the amount of food you ate today is probably what you used to eat before you started MFP and eating healthy. Imagine if that was EVERYDAY! It's not so please don't beat yourself up about it. But log it! :flowerforyou:
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Yes, welll, ditto on all of this today! I have not allowed myself to get off, but today...
    I did work out in the pool and walked and then I said, "O>K> I am not going to stress over this...
    TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY!
    HAPPY 4TH!
  • rndalsn
    rndalsn Posts: 26
    Options
    Normally, on a holiday, I would definitely splurge! But my girlfriend and I decided we would not do that this time, we planned on sticking to our eating plan! We ate great food but within our calories! This is probably a first for me on a holiday and I'm so proud of myself. We had a Weight Watchers ice cream bar for dessert and savored every bite! I have to admit, it's bedtime and I am hungry, but I'm going to go to bed and feel really good about myself in the morning! (Normally, I would be having eater's remorse).
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Ok..not to be a wet blanket, BUT.......did the host hold you down and shove the food
    down your throat???? Don't whine, you made the choice, now you pay the price.
    Next time, plan ahead. Take your own chicken, salad, etc. That's what I'm doing
    tomorrow. Host already said they were doing ribs and dogs. So I volunteered to
    do chicken, veggie kabobs and a fruit plate. And for dessert........angel food cake
    and fat free cool whip. Your choices are yours........you have to live with them.

And on a happier note.........Happy Birthday America! God Bless the USA!! :drinker:
  • siskell224
    siskell224 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my test but I already know all that will be served so I can avoid. Tomorrow will be a test for vacation next week! Wish luck!:wink: