Newbie needs all the help & friends i can get

Options
Hi,

My name is Micky and I'm a 46yr old married lady with no kids but four lovely dogs, from West Yorkshire, England.

I joined today after recommendations from some friends on another unrelated forum.

I have always been overweight but this has skyrocketed since my mum passed away last September. I was offered the option of a gastric bypass but promised my mum before she died that i wouldn't use surgery as an easy out for losing weight - so here i am.

I have managed to lose 9lbs since christmas but that's not been through trying and it's not been a healthy way so I've turned to MFP to see if I can give myself the kick up the backside I need and motivate me to lost weight healthily.
I look forward to meeting lots of new friends on the way.

Replies

• debsl8
    debsl8 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi Micky, I'm from Derbyshire uk. Feel free to add me to your friends list and welcome
  • mickyjg
    Options
    Hi deb,

thank you. i'd love to add you . :)
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Add me if you wish.
  • ChristetteC
    ChristetteC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Micky

I'll be your friend! Be sure to add me to your list of friends.

Christette
  • hopedangling
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! My mom and sister and I are all on here...lots of support and motivation!
  • mickyjg
    Options
    Thank you all so much.

I have sent out friend requests to you all :)
  • simonbooth1980
    Options
    Hi also a newbie and would love new friends for support.
  • sonbeam
    sonbeam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. Best of luck to you :)
  • small4me
    small4me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am from Alberta Canada, 46 yy (years young) married with 2 children (still at home) 2 step children a and 2 dogs, so quite similar!! LOL

Would love to have another friend!!
  • annscotslass
    annscotslass Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi

Me too please !!

Ann - ex Scots lass now living near Cambridge
  • apvalletta
    apvalletta Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome to MFP. I think you will like this site, everyone is very supportive. Sorry about your loss. Good luck on your journey. sending you a request.
    Andrea
  • KT0104
    KT0104 Posts: 33
    Options
    Keri, (nearly 40!) from Fife in Scotland. Lost 3 stones on here so far ~ one more to go! If I can do it, anyone can! Feel free to add me :o)
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome.

You will do great.

As someone who had GBP 9 years ago, believe me it is not an "easy" way out. It does not last a lifetime, your system does get back in the normal range. It is a tool like Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem, in the end you will have to do the work yourself.
  • Smart1uknow1
    Options
    I would love to be your friend. My name is Dawn (also new to MFP) I am 37 years old, and from the U.S. My husband and I have both joined a gym and started eating healthier to lose weight. I have 23 pounds to lose! I would like new friends as well to help motivate and communicate with to help encouragement. :) P.S. if anyone else reads this, you can add me as a friend too!

17743562.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools