30 Day Shred

Options
Is this meant to be 30 consecutive days or should there be days off in between? Also how do the levels work do you increase them at your own pace or is there a set time when you should move from one to the next?

Replies

• MallRatMeg
    Options
    I was told 10 consecutive days of level 1 then 10 of level 2, and then 10 of level three.
    But I could be wrong.
  • niightwind
    Options
    In a podcast, Jullian Michaels said that it is not meant to be done 30 days consecutive.
    If you're not used to working out, try taking 2 rest days for each level. If you are, try taking 1 rest day for each level.
    Level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days, and level 3 for 10 days.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start and i am going to do 30 days straight. Some days might be a little bit lighter but i am going to try to move everyday. but that's just me.
  • Pommerantchen
    Pommerantchen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing consecutive - I did the first 4, then a two days off, then 3 (where I hyper-extended my knee) - took a week off, and have been slowly getting back into it. I hadn't moved to level two yet, but that will probably be this week.

My thoughts are, any is better than none. If I take a few days off, it won't kill me.
  • niightwind
    Options
    Another thing I'd recommend; on rest days, don't just sit around.
    If you're feeling up to it try to move a little - even just go out for a walk.
    Its VERY difficult at first though if you're not used to working out, and after 3 days I was exhausted and needed a break. I took a rest day where I did nothing [seeing as I could barely move my legs] and went back at it again the day after. I've been feeling fine and haven't needed a break since.
  • Mommareed4
    Options
    I do kick boxing Tuesday and Thursdays, so those days I do not do the shred and Sunday is my rest day. So I will do 10 days each level on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I really don't think you'll notice a difference if you took a day or two off when needed as long as you end up doing your whole 30 days. I did 30 days with 2 rest days so it took me 32 days to complete it. Just listen to your body!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Here is my advice while on level one make sure to work the strength up in your wrists. Level 2 has a lot of plank holds/positions. My wrists are still killing me because they are so weak. I did ten days and now am on level 3 day 1 and it was not easy. Still my wrists are weak. My girlfriend whose daughters are gymnasts told me to use cans of veggies to roll up the wrist back and forth to build them up...OUCH..:(
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    you do what you can :) i tried hard to do it all in 30 days. I am re doing it again and this time i did all level 1 and then 2nd day in level 2 i hurt my knee. i took 1 whole day off to rest, no exercising at all and i tried again yesterday. hopefully i will be able to finish the rest with no interruptions. The 1st time i did it, i had a few interruptions and i don't know if that hindered my results or not, as mu results weren't that great... so this time i am hoping for the same at least and i'll be happy but into week 2 so far and no change at all yet.