Need some motivating friends and advice :}

Options
Whats up peoples! My name is Kimmie and I'm 24. I downloaded this app like three months ago and never really got into using. But now I really want to get motivated. I used my profile pic as an incentive to get me moving. That's the size( 135 lbs) I was before I had my daughter who is Eight months now. During the pregnancy I was put on bed rest before and after her birth. I had gestational diabetes and that caused me to gain over 70lbs in my pregnancy.. I never understood why people always said it was so hard when you have kids... but now I FULLY understand. Especially when your husband works graveyard shift and then sleeps all day, college, keeping the house in order and no babysitter. lol.

I was active in hoop dance (hula hoop) and I used to be a runner and that always helped me keep my weight down so I could eat whatever in moderation of course. When I was younger I was 13 and weighed in at 180lbs, I was a big girl but i lost from running and working at a gym when I turned 17. Anyways... But since the pregnancy the habits i formed are really hard to break. I find that even hooping doing something that I absolutely love is not cutting it and some of the weight I lost from the pregnancy is creeping back on. I was at 200lbs when i gave birth and then dropped down to 166. The I lost a few pounds but my inches on my stomach have increased. ...I just want to fit back into my old clothes and have that spunky spark again.

If anybody has any advice, recommendations or anything that can help me be motivated and KEEP me motivated that would be AWESOME !

Kimmie

Replies

• jabberwockgee
    jabberwockgee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I know that as you get older your metabolism slows down (although I have no idea about pregnancies...)

So, you may need to be a little more vigilant about watching what you eat than you used to. Especially if you need to lose a substantial amount of weight, keeping track of what you're eating will help you figure out if you should be losing or not.
  • cherrimona
    Options
    Hey I'm Ramona. I'd love to be your friend on here to motivate you on weight loss![:
  • Ellejw22
    Options
    You're beautiful no matter what Kim! But I definitely know how hard it can be to stay motivated ( I still have barely lost the weight I have been wanting to lose). I have met a lot of really wonderful and supportive people on this site. If you need some friends on here, I can have them send you some friend requests :smile: . Also, if you need anyone to hoop with, hit me up! I officially have my own hoop now and would LOVE to learn some tricks. Take care girl, I know you can do it! :wink:
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi Kimmie

Your situation reminds me of my beautiful wife. We have 4 kids and she finds it very difficult to stay motivated. The one thing however that I've been saying to her is that its time for her to concentrate on herself. It wouldnt be uncommon for her to go without eating the whole day due to being crazy busy with our kids. This in itself would be a factor in her struggle to lose weight because as you may know our bodies go into `starvation mode', retaining fat in the process. I help her by preparing meals for her in advance so that she eats on a regular basis. it sounds like you have a good support base which is key to achieving your own goals. Good luck!