New here but not to weight loss

Options
Hey!

I'm here after having my weight-loss legs rudely swept away from under me.

I'd been with Weight Watchers since the middle of May last year and lost just over 60 lbs on that program.

The last two months I'd stagnated and then this past week was having major issues with being dizzy. A visit to my doctor and some blood work and I've learned that my iron is crazy low. We are pretty sure that this is because I donated blood in January. Its not my first time as a donor, but the first time in years.

Typically I never had a problem with donating but this time I'm not rebuilding my blood as per usual. Plus they test your blood for iron before you donate and I was told I tested high.

So, doctor told me to not loose weight any more until we got the iron under control and sent me with a note to Weight Watchers.

I was told to call head office and they promptly suspended my account, not switching me to e-tools as my meeting leader thought they would. They claim that they'll kick anyone with a medical issue off the program.

But I'm pretty fed up. I am so used to tracking my food electronically and having remembered people talk about MFP, I switched over immediately. Already I am so glad I did. There is no way I'd be eating enough food to maintain if I wasn't tracking! After well over half a year of carefully monitoring and reducing my diet I'm finding it hard to even eat enough to maintain my weight!

I can't see why this won't work and am tempted to keep this up until just before I meet goal then rejoin WW's to get my 'bling' and life-time status, lol. May as well do it for free! Plus I can see already that this will be more conductive to life long maintenance. I love the blackberry app!

Enough about me!

Replies

• danyeld619
    danyeld619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I lost 50 pounds last year using this site and app. I started school in the fall and gained some weight back. I am looking to lose 25 pounds this time. Add me if you like!
  • JasonGinMI
    JasonGinMI Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am a lifetime Weight Watchers member but gained it back. This site works better for me than Weight Watchers and it is free. I may go back to the Weight Watchers meetings after I get to my goal weight so I dont have to pay. But I will continue to use this site until they close it down! It is that good.
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome....I have the low iron thing going on as well. I tried to add a spinach smoothie at least 4 to 5 days a week, and then
    protein ones on the other. I also take an iron pill....still its on the low side. I too, love this site and the app on my phone.
    Feel free to add me, for any help you need. :flowerforyou:
  • sjwhite7
    sjwhite7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am sorry to hear of your medical struggles. This is definitely the place to be to track your calories and even the amount of Iron you are consuming. I hope everything works out for you and congratulate you on your accomplishments thus far.