Huge and Delicious Super Low Calorie Stir Fry

Options
finallychelle
finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
tumblr_lzyoeinNys1qf7n0mo1_500.jpg

How Many Calories Are In This Absolutely Delicious 2-Plus Pound Stir Fry?

Let’s add them up:

Shirataki Noodles (2 pounds): 0 calories
Cooked Salad Shrimp (2 ounces): 53 calories
Turkey Pepperoni (8 slices, diced): 35 calories
Butter Buds Sprinkles (3 tsp): 30 calories
Baby Bok Choy (1 ea): 9 calories
Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base (1 tsp): 15 calories
Olive Oil Cooking Spray (3 sprays): 2 calories
Fresh Basil (1/4 TBSP, chopped): 0 calories
Green Onion (1 stock): 3 calories
Onion Powder (1 tsp): 0 calories
Garlic Powder (1 tsp): 0 calories
Black Pepper (1/2 tsp): 2 calories

So if you could somehow eat this entire two-plus pound bowl of delicious noodles you would put away a total of 147 calories.

If you need to reduce sodium you should half the amount of shrimp, delete the Better Than Bouillon and use extra Butter Buds Sprinkles.

The Recipe:

1) Dry fry the shirataki noodles, on high, in a pan coated with olive oil cooking spray until nearly dry.

2) Reduce heat to medium, add chopped green onion, Better Than Bouillon and pepperoni, and fry for several more minutes, blending thoroughly.

3) Add chopped bok choy, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper and cook for a few more minutes.

4) Add Butter Buds Sprinkles and shrimp and stir fry for one more minute.

Enjoy!

For more low cal recipes please check out my MFP blog at:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/finallychelle/view/my-lo-cal-recipe-collection-195763

-stirfryqueenchelle

Replies

• jamierizzo
    jamierizzo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Looks Yummy!
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    interesting
  • Shimek87
    Options
    This looks really good! I think I just have to make it this week!
  • emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump for later - looks yummy!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Never tried or even heard of Shirataki Noodles, will have to see if I can get some!!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    TWO POUNDS?? That's my kind of serving size
  • siobhanhannon
    siobhanhannon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Def One I will be trying!!!!

Cheers x
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    How are there no calories in a noodle? I am feeling skeptical but I hope I am wrong b/c I want to eat this!!!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    i love making this! just one note the shiritaki noodles have calories. per 8 oz package, there is 40 calories. not a huge difference, just a small note :)
  • finallychelle
    Options
    How are there no calories in a noodle? I am feeling skeptical but I hope I am wrong b/c I want to eat this!!!

Shirataki noodles are made from a Japanese yam instead of flour. They come packed in water and need to be rinsed with hot water to get rid of the slightly fishy smell. After that you just dry-fry them on high with cooking spray and they taste (and smell) wonderful!
  • finallychelle
    Options
    i love making this! just one note the shiritaki noodles have calories. per 8 oz package, there is 40 calories. not a huge difference, just a small note :)

Actually shirataki noodles have no calories. You are, apparently, using Tofu-Shirataki noodles which are a blend of tofu and shirataki, The tofu adds 40 calories per half pound serving.

If you want to save a few more calories try switching to the pure shirataki noodles!

-Chelle
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles have 20 calories per 4 ounces... That would be 160 calories
    for 2 pounds. Still very low, but certainly not zero.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    BUMPBUMPBUMP
  • macylane4
    Options
    do shirataki noodles taste like regualr pasta? If so could you use them for pasta dishes?
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Even the yam version of shiratki noodles contain calories, 6 calories per 1.7 ounce serving - which would
    equate to about 113 calories for 2 pounds (32 ounces). It wouldn't make sense for 2 pounds of anything
    we eat to contain 0 calories.
  • Katemorling
    Katemorling Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where i can buy Shirataki Noodles in the UK? Would love to try them!
  • macylane4
    Options
    Just reading on these shirataki noodles as well, and has anybody gotten a really upset stomach from these? It says the people in the USA aren't used to the fiber in these and can cause severe upset stomach?!?
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • finallychelle
    Options
    Just reading on these shirataki noodles as well, and has anybody gotten a really upset stomach from these? It says the people in the USA aren't used to the fiber in these and can cause severe upset stomach?!?

I have eaten a pound of them every day for almost a year and haven't gotten an upset stomach even a single time.

-Chelle
  • finallychelle
    Options
    Shirataki noodles have 20 calories per 4 ounces... That would be 160 calories
    for 2 pounds. Still very low, but certainly not zero.

Actually shirataki noodles have no calories. You are, apparently, using Tofu-Shirataki noodles which are a blend of tofu and shirataki, The tofu adds 40 calories per half pound serving.

If you want to save a few more calories try switching to the pure shirataki noodles!

-Chelle