What do you think?

It's been a long time since I've been on here. I had a major set back! Went on the HCG diet about a year ago. I got down to 191 and I got sick and couldn't eat what I was suppose to. Every time I tried I would throw it back up. Long story short I went back to bad eating habits and because I had my Lap Band fluid completely removed so I could get pregnant, I gained back almost 60 lbs in a very short period of time :( I'm so scared and depressed. I'm going to try the food lovers system. I know I can't rely on outside things or ppl to help I just need something to show me what to eat and when. This looks like it would help. Anyone tried it?

Replies

• I would suggest stopping the diets and start a lifestyle change.

A lot of people here can help you out. You have to learn for yourself! :]
  • I think you need to stop looking into fad diets and focus on changing your lifestyle. Eat healthy food and exercise.

More veggies, protein, water. Cut back on refined sugar and starches. There are a lot of good recipes in the recipe section and skinnytaste.com is a good site, too. Also canyoustayfordinner.com
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    I agree, I think you need something that is sustainable long-term. Honestly the MFP system works if you are just honest and accurate and stick to it. I would try just doing it the MFP way and keeping things simple and see what happens.
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    I would suggest stopping the diets and start a lifestyle change.

I agree. Stop with the dieting! Make a lifestyle change instead!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    eat less. move more. strength train.
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    I am not an expert, but I would not try another "diet" system. Try just following the calories that mfp gives you. I have done everything else and this is something I can do as a lifestyle. It almost seems to easy because there is no gimmick, but that is the thing, there is no one making money off of it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Take control of your life. You can do it.
  • letterfly
    letterfly Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks for all your opinions! I have been told those same things and it's very good advice, but I am a busy mom and don't always have time or patience to track calories. From what I see it doesn't look like a fad diet, just a way to eyeball portion control in what your eating/cooking in a normal meal. I need a way to feed my whole family and not make something different for DH and DD because they don't need to be on a "Diet". When I am counting calories I feel like an outsider because no one else is dieting, and with our life style me being on a calorie counting diet has never worked. We travel way to much and have to eat out too much to stick to it. I'm an all or nothing type, so when I mess up on something like counting calories I give up. I keep using the word "diet because to me counting calories is a chore. I don't need anymore of those. To me a life style change would be something I could stick to that didn't control my life. I want to control it! (Thanks taso42... I was inspired) I guess what I'm trying to say is that it looks like more of a life style change to me than a "fad" so if anyone has done it, is doing it, or knows anyone who is or has I would love to hear from you.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    I would suggest stopping the diets and start a lifestyle change.

A lot of people here can help you out. You have to learn for yourself! :]

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!