Double chin

Options
My buddy, schlemoc on here, asked if I would post a question for him since he doesn't use the forums. Anyway, he has quite the double chin and we were wondering if there is any way to work on the neck to help tighten up the double chin. I figure general fat loss is his best bet but he wants to see if there is anything else. Thanks ahead of time!

Replies

• heleflump
    Options
    Don't think you can actually work on specific areas - general weight loss being your best bet - but I have heard that you can exercise your face to tone by saying the vowels of the alphabet really exageratedly and stretching your facial muscles - may help!! (will be amusing to watch anyway!!):laugh:
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    No. Lose weight and it will eventually go away. Fat is lost all over, not in specific areas.
  • quinto1025
    quinto1025 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think everyone loses weight different. I lost 20 lbs so far and I notice in my face the most. General fat lose is the best bet.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Ditto the above comment. The first 10 pounds I lost definitely showed from my face and neck first.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    ditto ditto on the two above posts. the first place i lost visible weight from was my face. after 20lbs i had a jawline. it'll happen. patience and lots of sweating.
  • KarenBoster
    KarenBoster Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh! I can help with this one! Weight loss and hydration help over time. Plus, I learned this one by accident quite a few years ago. I was doing physical therapy to help a neck mobility issue. The exercises to get my range of motion back got rid of my double chin. All I had to do was look up to the ceiling slowly then bring my head down slowly tucking my chin as much as comfortably possible. I also did the same side to side. If I remember right I did this at least 4 times a day doing sets of 20.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If spot reduction worked, I'd have never had a double chin with the amount of yapping I do.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I figure straight weight loss is the way to go. Though I must say, weight loss and doing flys(not the insect!) at the same time seemed to help tighten my neck all over.