The Meal and Exercise Plan I Have Been Following

Options
(..with a few minor exceptions) since May 20th of this year, and that I am following very strictly for precisely the next 23 days. (I leave for vacation on the 29th of July, yes..)

Diet:

Breakfast:

- Half of Granny Smith apple

OR:

- Half of green pepper with one thin slice of tofu

* One bottle of water and/or one cup of green tea.

Lunch:

- 2 or 3 medium sticks of celery (each long piece cut into three approx. 5 cm sticks)

OR

- one salad consisting of: half of a tomato, approx. 100 g of cucumber, and 5 average-sized leafs of lettuce
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar (no salt, oil, etc)

Dinner:

- Other half of Granny Smith apple

OR

- Small handful of blueberries -- OR -- other half of green pepper.

Snack:

- One stick of sugarless gum. (If desired)
- One bottle of cold water

[MIN of 2 L of water daily. ]

Exercise:

- 600 crunches daily [from 200 before]. * 150 after or before each meal is mandatory.
- 30 minute run right after walking up. Fairly fast pace- uphill, downhill, straight surface. -- Daily running minimum.

** If I have the time: Same route/run approx. 1-2 hours before bed.

- 20 minutes of various cardio I make up (and presumably look like a fool doing).

- Approx. 3ish hours of walking daily- with vacuuming, mopping, bending down, etc. (I took a summer job for a cleaning company, thus I work at least 3 hours, 5 days a week doing the aforementioned tasks.)

.. Well, what do you all think?
[Like I said, I've followed this plan with a minor-ish exception here and there since late May, but am following it without any exceptions for the next 23 days.]

** EDIT: Again, I leave for vacation on the 29th. I am also definitely doing a water fast for 4 or 5 days from the 21st - 24th (or 25th).

Replies

• FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Yeah.... the definitely sounds like a DIET! :noway:
    Hope you aren't bein too active...
    With the foods you listed... you probably burn off EVERYTHING you eat breathing and peein... the rest of the calories you need to survive will be pulled from you own body tissues.
    Fun Fun.
    :huh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I think you need to educate yourself and edit this highly-restricted and unhealthy meal plan.
  • Wien7
    Wien7 Posts: 13
    Options
    Well, hearty apologies if by some stretch of the imagination I imaged that it was 'fun'. Or fun squared. That it is not, rest assured. But- butbutbut, ...it is effective. And trust me, by the third day: you don't even feel hungry that much. It's very much so a mindset you need to get yourself into, and the results just follow.

And no- I am not burning off calories from my own body tissues- at 5'5", 133lbs, my body definitely still has enough fat/fat deposits to not have to turn to vital organs for fuel/survival.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Well, hearty apologies if by some stretch of the imagination I imaged that it was 'fun'. Or fun squared. That it is not, rest assured. But- butbutbut, ...it is effective. And trust me, by the third day: you don't even feel hungry that much. It's very much so a mindset you need to get yourself into, and the results just follow.

And no- I am not burning off calories from my own body tissues- at 5'5", 133lbs, my body definitely still has enough fat/fat deposits to not have to turn to vital organs for fuel/survival.

Ah, well, let's just throw principles of physiology out the window then. Why ask for opinion if you're not going to use it for anything? Ignorance is bliss. Good luck.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    As a health educator... your logic is faulty at best and dangerous at worst.
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I think you're either lying, or if you are telling the truth you should seek help, becuse if you haven't already you will damage your body
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    Doesn't look like your getting enough nutrition. Missing things like breads...poultry...
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Say goodbye to your muscle..and hope you have the energy for your vacation!

Goodluck
  • Wien7
    Options
    @ misty589: Lying? And the point in doing that would be..? Also, I don't need to 'seek help' for I thankfully do not have anything health-related problem that requires treatment, whether that be low blood pressure, or a disorder.

@ Everyone else:

Allow me to re-state what I said in my initial intro. post:
    I am aware that my current eating habits are .. a tad bit (dare I say?) 'reckless', and not very health-conscious. (Oh, irony.) However, two things to keep in mind: A) I am old enough to know better, yes, but young enough to pursue my goal with a steadfast determination- even if I am aware that there are healthier methods of achieving it. And thus B) I am not looking for criticism of said eating habits, etc- I understand what I am doing, and whilst you may not agree- please respect this nonetheless.

I am asking for insight- and if you truly feel you 'must' throw out a caution or warning for the sake of it, then so be it. But to start an argument or even heated debate is simply an exercise in futility. I understand what I am doing, and I understand that there can potentially be repercussions. However, I am able-minded enough to listen and pay attention to the needs of my body, and I would not allow for this diet to have a serious, hazardous effect on my well-being.

@ nursegirl..etc:

Thank you for your concern, however I am still building muscle (long-distance running = my legs ..are muscle), and with various cardio. Obviously, weight loss is counter-productive if all you are left with is flab. And as I will end my water fast on the 25th, the 26- and onwards will have me slowly eating larger portions and I will begin incorporating dairy. I am, however, a vegetarian- so that much remains unchanged. And I wouldn't stress about the energy (or feared lack thereof) I have during my vacation- I will be consuming approx. 1,600 cals in that time frame, and onwards.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    However, I am able-minded enough to listen and pay attention to the needs of my body, and I would not allow for this diet to have a serious, hazardous effect on my well-being.

Yea....apparently not. Saying so sure makes it sound that way though.
  • kabailz13
    kabailz13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    by the time there are any ramifications, it will be too late to prevent them!!!!

Seriously, if you want to lose weight fast, there are MUCH healthier ways to do it!

Your body will be in starvation mode and as soon as you start eating, your body will store everything you eat and you will gain weight.

Please, respect your body enough to give it enough to function properly!

The foods you listed total what? 200 calories maybe? have you researched your BMR and requirements for daily LIVING??
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way. Whenever an Ana posts, the post is removed, as well as the person that wrote it. This is not a site for Anas or people who want to lose weight in an unhealthy manner.

I am not saying you are anorexic. I am saying you are eating just like one. Make of that as you will.

Given that this is what you are doing, either A. You will be removed soon if this got reported because even though you believe you know what you're doing, you are a danger to others' health, or B. You're NOT going to get much, if any, non-critical insight because this is EXTREMELY unhealthy.

I'm sorry you're not getting the support you wanted over this, but this isn't the right site for that. I'm glad that you are going to be easing up to 1,600 soon. Don't go back to 100 calories if your weight eases up, too. If our bodies didn't store fat after eating so little for long, we'd probably be extinct.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I love disclaimers....

Perhaps we aren't just specifically concerned about you... but about OTHER people who are on this site and struggling, wanting a quick fix, etc. Who will see this post and think, "Oh, there's an idea." Who don't have your.... "knowledge" on this particular process and decide to make it THEIR lifestyle... because it IS starvation, looking at the foods listed it would be a struggle to hit 1200 calories (which is the recommended LOW by most health professionals.....note that).

If this is your "thing" and using "youth" as an excuse works for you.... then that's your deal.
    However, be cautious what you throw out for the world to read and use because they will.

I am also curious... you asked for feedback... you didn't specify positive or negative or what in general you wanted feedback on. You stated you knew it wasn't the best, showed evidence of what you were doing wasn't sound nutritionally..... What kind of feedback were you expecting... a "Go get'em tiger?"Sorry, I don't read all the introductions and memorize where they come from, so disclaimer or not I responded to you the way I would to anyone who mentioned such a diet/exercise regimen.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love disclaimers....

Perhaps we aren't just specifically concerned about you... but about OTHER people who are on this site and struggling, wanting a quick fix, etc. Who will see this post and think, "Oh, there's an idea." Who don't have your.... "knowledge" on this particular process and decide to make it THEIR lifestyle... because it IS starvation, looking at the foods listed it would be a struggle to hit 1200 calories (which is the recommended LOW by most health professionals.....note that).

ditto
  • Wien7
    Options
    Yea....apparently not. Saying so sure makes it sound that way though.

Well, I'm not exactly sure what you ..mean to say by that, but I can just re-sate it again, for it really is quite obvious: Looking nice and fit is desirable, yes- but even at my 133 lbs, I comprehend the simple logic that I already look normal and healthy. Accordingly, if I were to noticed that I was feeling ill or anything of such nature- I can add the appropriate caloric value to that day's meals and lessen the exercise. I would like to reach my ultimate weight goal in due time, yes- but this is far from a 'be all end all' situation where I will pursue the diet plan even if it means ending up in the hospital.

@ kabailz13: Thank you for your concern, however I must respectfully disagree. I am not underweight, nor have I been drastically dieting for an extended period of time- thus I simply cannot suffer the grave consequences that such a diet plan would presumably inflict upon one who is underweight/plans to live in this manner for months. Again, note that I have not said I am feeling nauseous, lightheaded, dizzy, etc- I can tell what my body does and does not like, and when it is time to pause and slow down.

@ zara11: Wanting to lose weight in an unhealthy manner does not make on anorexic. People are far too free to fling and toss that term about- that is a serious disorder that is not developed after a month or two of 'unhealthy habits'- there are many secondary and tertiary aspects and dimensions to the disease that thankfully I do not (and will never) demonstrate. So whilst your caution may be well-meant, it is quite frankly unnecessary.
  • CarolynD1986
    Options
    Why don't you add some low-calorie proteins like fish and eggs? Seriously, it will only help. You will feel a lot more able to get through your exercising, even if you don't feel like you are having trouble doing so.

I was vegan for 3 years and when I started on fish and eggs again I felt so much better. Just add some canned salmon to your salads, half the can a day and maybe a hard boiled egg in the morning with your apple.

I totally understand how this kind of diet can feel good. I was doing something similar for a while, but then I fainted because my calorie count was too low (I'm a small girl, 5"2, 114 lbs).... so you don't really feel it coming and when you do, it can be hard to start eating more without going overboard.

Just remember that if you want to have a sustainable low weight, you need a sustainable diet... you may be doing this for your vacation, but I doubt you want to gain that weight back when you don't have such a concrete goal in mind.

I think the extra protein boost would complement your diet wonderfully and you won't add very many calories, nothign that will make a difference.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    you know what, never mind
  • Wien7
    Options
    I love disclaimers....

If this is your "thing" and using "youth" as an excuse works for you.... then that's your deal.
    However, be cautious what you throw out for the world to read and use because they will.

I am also curious... you asked for feedback... you didn't specify positive or negative or what in general you wanted feedback on. You stated you knew it wasn't the best, showed evidence of what you were doing wasn't sound nutritionally..... What kind of feedback were you expecting... a "Go get'em tiger?"Sorry, I don't read all the introductions and memorize where they come from, so disclaimer or not I responded to you the way I would to anyone who mentioned such a diet/exercise regimen.

If someone wanted a "quick fix" etc- or any of the things you mentioned- chances are they would just type in 'lose weight fast' in a search engine and be directed to a multitude of sites that not only are solely intended for the encouragement of 'unhealthy eating'- but ones that shamelessly glorify eating disorders. So pardon me for saying so, but to scold me for posting my personal diet plan on this site is a little bit infantile, if anything. Also- "knowledge" - your sarcastic and witter banter is refreshing, and mature- but the latter is assumed.

And, to satisfy your burning curiosity: I asked for feedback- that is, if anyone has tried anything similar, how much weight one would predict I will be able to lose in the time frame I presented, etc. I also mentioned that if your feedback is negative and if you feel you must sate it, then you're free to do so- but you do not need to incessantly post your same opinion again and again, as enjoyable as it is to read it.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    And for what? Maybe (If you're lucky) 5 extra pounds gone by the time you leave for vacation? What does that prove? That you have control over something? Does it mean that much to you?

I've lost a total of 27 lbs over the course of a year, and this morning I'm 4 lbs heavier than I was yesterday because of what I ate. Trust me, I'm not stressin'!!

When you leave on this vacation and stuff even a FRY in your mouth, your body will take that fry and turn it into pure FAT STORAGE cuz you've essentially screwed yourself for 23 days.

I"m interested in talking to you in 33 days to see how it all went....

...and as far as finding someone who tried what you're trying and how it went? They were possessed of just enough sanity to understand that what we're telling them is true, and didn't try it. You might avail yourself of the same advantage they took.
  • Wien7
    Options
    Why don't you add some low-calorie proteins like fish and eggs? Seriously, it will only help. You will feel a lot more able to get through your exercising, even if you don't feel like you are having trouble doing so.

I was vegan for 3 years and when I started on fish and eggs again I felt so much better. Just add some canned salmon to your salads, half the can a day and maybe a hard boiled egg in the morning with your apple.

I totally understand how this kind of diet can feel good. I was doing something similar for a while, but then I fainted because my calorie count was too low (I'm a small girl, 5"2, 114 lbs).... so you don't really feel it coming and when you do, it can be hard to start eating more without going overboard.

Just remember that if you want to have a sustainable low weight, you need a sustainable diet... you may be doing this for your vacation, but I doubt you want to gain that weight back when you don't have such a concrete goal in mind.

I think the extra protein boost would complement your diet wonderfully and you won't add very many calories, nothign that will make a difference.

For the record- that is the kind of feedback that is appreciated, not to mention beneficial.

And those are great ideas, actually- if not the canned salmon in a lunchtime salad (which I think I will ease myself into before I leave for vacation- fish is the only meat I can see myself consuming again), the hard boiled egg at breakfast will most likely sit more comfortably in my stomach. (As I eat after my morning exercise.)

@ arewethereyet: that edit was wise. shall we leave it at that, hm? I understand that whatever weight i lose quickly can/will return rapidly as well- but not all at once, and not if I continue to eat in a healthy manner. I don't mind gaining up to 5 lbs on vacation by eating larger portions of healthy food, because I do not plan to follow this diet plan indefinitely- whatever weight I am at with a daily consumption of approx. 1,600 cals and 3/per week exercise during/after vacation will be one I am comfortable with.