What gets you going? Fav workout song

Options
I need some new songs to work out to, all different genres. What's your favorite workout song (or several)?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i just treated myself to a new workout cd (cos i workout at home so dont have to be as high tech as having an ipod!!!) which has rhianna's 'we found love' which is my fave song at the mo!
  • mycovington
    mycovington Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I really like to listen to anything that is done (or redone) by string quartets when I'm working out. My favorites are Escala and Vitamen String Quartet. I don't even feel the workout, I get so swept away by the music.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    motley crue- primal scream (will set off the lunk alarm at planet fitness)

metallica- fuel
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I actually got sick of music and began downloading podcasts to listen to. They are free and I prefer comedians such as Harland Williams, Joe Diaz, Joe Rogan, etcetera. Picture yourself jogging on the treadmill laughing out loud and others looking at you like: "Why's he laughing"? It happens all the time!
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I actually got sick of music and began downloading podcasts to listen to. They are free and I prefer comedians such as Harland Williams, Joe Diaz, Joe Rogan, etcetera. Picture yourself jogging on the treadmill laughing out loud and others looking at you like: "Why's he laughing"? It happens all the time!

happened to me watching king of the hill while on the treadmill
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I need some new songs too - but like these (some are older)
    Pitbull - I know you want me
    LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
    Will.I.Am - THE
    Flo Rida - Good Feeling
    Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger

For running there is a Drive: Nike - Crystal Method running mix that is amazing and like 40+ minutes
  • Survivor1997
    Survivor1997 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's Motown for me...especially The Temptations and Four Tops. (OK, so I'm old) The beat usually gets me moving at a pretty good pace.
  • jasonr1442
    jasonr1442 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    All I Do Is Win Win Win, No Matter What What What!!!!
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I listen to David Guetta for cardio (anything by him works for me), also DeadMau5.

For weights (because I get down with the get down lol) I listen to Killswitch Engage and Five Finger Death Punch
  • jsnearly
    Options
    Nickelback: Animals
  • laromeo
    Options
    I agree with the Motown - I also find that a lot of the Glee covers of old and new songs are really great and fun!!!
  • p_barron
    Options
    Secrets by One Republic that song makes me want to dance I even do it when it comes on in the middle of the super market ( I get weird looks but I don't care).
  • beastlye
    Options
    Can't Stop -- RHCP

E-Pro -- Beck

pretty much anything by The White Stripes

Sometimes I'll add some Flight of the Conchords tunes to make me laugh :)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson, especially songs like "Shout", "They Don't Really Care About Us", and "Bad".
  • StevieP28
    Options
    DMX - Party Up
    Eminem - Lose Yourself
    Eminem - Till I Collapse
    M.O.P. - Ante Up
    Outkast - B.O.B.
    Roy Jones Jr - Can't Be Touched
    8 Ball & MJG - You Don't Want Drama
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Awolnation- kill your heroes. Is my favorite for running right now.
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I listen to David Guetta for cardio (anything by him works for me), also DeadMau5.

For weights (because I get down with the get down lol) I listen to Killswitch Engage and Five Finger Death Punch

I love all of the above!
  • AutumnsPassage
    AutumnsPassage Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Almost anything by VNV Nation very fast pace and full of beats. When I moved into my first apartment years ago I lost a lot of weight just from listening to them while cleaning you can't help but move.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I really like listening to electronica for working out

- The whole Daft Punk - Alive 2007 album, beginning to end. It always gets me going every time, never get sick of it, love it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH3Ne5Nv2tc

- Canon and Phantom Pt. I and II by Justice are really good songs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcTStCOKXGI
  • michaelgilstrap
    michaelgilstrap Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Eye of the Tiger always gets me going