25lbs down - before and during pics

Options
After my holiday in August 2011 to South Africa, I didn't feel particularly good about myself and deleted most of the unflatting photos of me. When I stepped on the scale on my returnat the end of August I was 189 (I am 5'8) and realised I needed to do something. I started cycling most days, but not much shifted during September. The second "before" photo is on 2 Oct. In October I started bootcamp three days a week and continued cycling to and from work. With some help and motivation from my trainer, I cut down my drinking and started eating better. Particularly as a trip to visit family that I hadn't seen in a year and a half over Christmas was looming, I got focussed.

I lost 15lbs by Christmas, joined MFP in January (at the urging of my bootcamp trainer so he could check up on what I was eating), and have lost another 10lbs since then. My goal is 150, so as to be at the middle of my healthy BMI range by the end of May.

I haven't been my current weight (165) in at least 5 years, and haven't been at 150 in at least 10 years. So far, I feel loads better physically and about myself generally, and hope that these changes are permanent, rather than end up undoing things when things might start getting stressful.

Thanks for all the support!
(I hope my photos work!)

"Before" 1 - August 2011 (approx 189lbs):
Aug113-189.jpg

"Before" 2 - 2 October 2011 (approx 189lbs):
2Oct11-189.jpg

"During" - 25 February 2012 (165lbs):
25Feb114-165.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!