Sports Bra Rash/Burn

Options
Hi Ladies,

I've been getting rashes/burns from my sports bra's band on the front of my rib cage. Does anyone else have this problem and if so how do you deal? Band-aids do not work as they always slip off during my sweat sessions... Maybe Vaseline?

Thanks!!

Replies

• Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to go down a band size? I only get that rash if the bra is too loose and moves about.
  • juschmiedel
    Options
    Buy "Glide" - is is an anti chafe made for just what happened to you. You can get it at an athletic store. It comes in the same type of container as deodorant. You just 'glide' it on where you've had the rash and any other place you fear for! Good luck!
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to go down a band size? I only get that rash if the bra is too loose and moves about.

This!!! You should definitely look into your fit and see if your bra band is too large. Do you wash and dry in a washing machine? If so, with regular wear a sports bra only lasts 3-6 months. You may need to invest in some new sports bras.
  • CtineMc
    CtineMc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try Body Glide. It's an anti-chafing product that I used to use when I was running a lot. I'd get the chafing in the bra area and also on other parts of my body (like where my upper arm rubbed against my torso or my thighs against the shorts). It seemed to work. You can usually find it at running stores or online.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i agree with the band size being too big.. it's annoying too because sports bras are not cheap and the only one i've been able to find that really holds me in place for high impact activities (enell) doesnt really operate with band sizes.
  • feelippy
    Options
    I also would agree! Try looking at getting a better fit sports bra!!! Also small tip for now, use a bit of baby powder on before you put your bra on (especially in areas where it rubs and sweats) The powder will help it from chaffing so much!

Hope this helps,
    Fiona
    www.brayola.com